Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Stadium Tour

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Agreed, l don't think that the club are making nearly enough of this facinating asset. It should be made far more accessible than it is.

We must have spent a good 30 minutes in the museum on the day. It was a Sunday and maybe luck of the draw?

After the changing rooms they let the kids walk out of the tunnel with GOSBTS playing at full blast, which was a nice touch

Landed in the club shop on exit, which I should have prepared myself for!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I loved it and was "kicked out" before I was ready, after the tour. When asked I was told something along the lines of that it wasn't cost effective to staff the museum to make it more accessible to fans. If I remember it was tucked away somewhat in a room deep inside the stadium that would leave people to be able to roam all through the stadium perhaps and not good for security? If so, then an odd place to locate it! Shame, brilliant museum and should be seen by all not just those on a tour (with limited time allowed inside).

Well I definately think it should be open on match days, (what is the point in having it at all if it isn't?) In fact l thought that Tim Carder who helped to create it looks after it?

I was under the impression the museum was free to STH on any day that Dick’s was open - that was a while back though.

Hahaha. Barber won't like space he can't make money out of probably.

Seriously though, such a waste. It's class.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

While it was great that the club made space to house the museum, from day one there have been issues with its availability (or not). It is a fantastic asset, created by Tim Carder and the Brighton and Hove Albion Heritage Society, but it should be far more accessible than it currently is.

Back in England, I've been catching up on my copies of the Society Chronicle. There was frustration in August 2019 that the museum wasn't even open on the day when most fans are at the stadium (ie matchday) and I doubt things have changed since then. At the outset there were proposals presented to the club on how to "man" the facility but as I understand it the club didn't take up the suggestions and have never come up with a workable solution since.

Such a shame.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here