Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Oliver.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes. If you liked top of the pops in the early 70s, it's a knockout, the paintings of Rolf Harris, Cosby, the Wall Of Sound, and Kilroy, then you are compelled to turn a blind eye to any amount of paedophilia, rape and murder that may (or may not - most of this is conjecture) have detracted from the reputations. It's the broflake law.

Edit - having spotted the ID of the poster in question I suspect he's being facetious.

Still, just in case someone does pile in to defend the weirdy jock's psychic meltdown, the above will do for them.

Surprised you have not called anyone a cxxt, seeing as you seem to have permission to use the word on here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What a child and so are you for agreeing with him. He's massively gone down in my estimations now. Thought he had a brain, clearly not. Lockdowns were necessary, not so much now. It's not that hard to grasp.

Love how someone goes from 'having a brain' to 'not having a brain' because he does not hold the same opinion as you.

Are you so binary with everything in life?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
TV for aspiring Brown Shirts. Back in the 30s Oswald Moseley would have been a frequent contributor.. I’m all for freedom of speech but really this channel is nothing more than a far right wannabe fascist state TV. With Farage now on board it’s only a matter of time before Katie Hopkins gets on board.

Facist? :lol:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
So you hadn't actually watched the video that is the subject of the thread, before chastising those who were critical of it?

Therein lies the problem, I guess. I was defending his right to say what he wants as I know enough about him to know he’s a pretty good guy. I didn’t chastise people who were critical of ‘it’, I chastised people who were critical of him. That’s a big difference.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i am neither critical of Neil Oliver or the content of this Video , he is as entitled to his view as anyone else and as a tv presenter of note he is perfectly entitled to voice his opinions , i think there is little doubt that his "you are not alone " sentiment will help a lot of his fans/subscribers or whatever and i really fail to see what most of you people are getting so wound up about .....you have already discounted GBN as a right wing vehicle , most of you are heavily critical of the current govt. Seems to me a lot of you are just waiting for someone to stick their head above the parapet so you can blow it off......bellends...!!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Therein lies the problem, I guess. I was defending his right to say what he wants as I know enough about him to know he’s a pretty good guy. I didn’t chastise people who were critical of ‘it’, I chastised people who were critical of him. That’s a big difference.

But that wasn't what you said. You sarcastically called the people who criticised him as 'woke'. You were trying to shut down criticism of Neil Oliver's speech, because 'he's a pretty good guy'. People thought David Icke was a pretty good guy, until he began to talk about lizards. But even he has the right to say what he wants. Just as people who criticise him, also have the right to say what they want in reply.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Rather then focus on a tv presenter views, I'll take my cues from the world of science on this one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a child and so are you for agreeing with him. He's massively gone down in my estimations now. Thought he had a brain, clearly not. Lockdowns were necessary, not so much now. It's not that hard to grasp.

A child who got a ban on SCC for drunkenly claiming covid is a hoax a while back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

What exactly do you know about him that exonerates him, and makes him a pretty good guy? Apparently he's a big fan of David Starkey. That's the David Starkey who stated in June 2020, during a podcast interview, that "Slavery was not genocide otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or Britain would there?". A man who counts among his supporters the disgusting Rod Little and the repulsive Toby Young who in 2020, was found to have promoted misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic.

Nice.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
What exactly do you know about him that exonerates him, and makes him a pretty good guy? Apparently he's a big fan of David Starkey. That's the David Starkey who stated in June 2020, during a podcast interview, that "Slavery was not genocide otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or Britain would there?". A man who counts among his supporters the disgusting Rod Little and the repulsive Toby Young who in 2020, was found to have promoted misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic.

Nice.

Come on, that’s a bit of a leap, so Neil Oliver is as guilty of that quote as Starkey, is he?

And what I’m talking about throughout this thread is exactly what you are doing here: “the repulsive Toby Young”, “the disgusting Rod Little”. We can no longer have sensible debates without people resorting to insults.

Listen Harry, I’ve always liked you as a poster but you don’t know me, all we have in common is the love of a certain football team, why should we agree on every other subject? And when we don’t agree, why should insults fly? I used the word ‘woke’ in my first answer, in what was meant to be a tongue in cheek way. Granted, it’s nigh on impossible to detect nuance etc in many replies, but I don’t think the vitriol is needed, at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on, that’s a bit of a leap, so Neil Oliver is as guilty of that quote as Starkey, is he?

And what I’m talking about throughout this thread is exactly what you are doing here: “the repulsive Toby Young”, “the disgusting Rod Little”. We can no longer have sensible debates without people resorting to insults.

Listen Harry, I’ve always liked you as a poster but you don’t know me, all we have in common is the love of a certain football team, why should we agree on every other subject? And when we don’t agree, why should insults fly? I used the word ‘woke’ in my first answer, in what was meant to be a tongue in cheek way. Granted, it’s nigh on impossible to detect nuance etc in many replies, but I don’t think the vitriol is needed, at all.

Apologies. I did not intend to have go at you, I was merely questioning the 'Oliver is a good guy' comment. Starkey, Liddle and Young are all low grade shitehouses, and it is disappointing that someone whose programme 'coast' I really enjoyed should be drifting off into that plane. I used to like Liddle too, and I even once had some time for Young (feeling he was treated in the customary harsh way by Birchill). These are all people whose common theme seems to be illiberalism emerging with age, with a probable increasing reliance on drink and drugs fuelling increasingly unguarded unpleasant behaviour and outbursts. Not a pretty sight, really.

So as someone who has always liked your posts I did do a bit of a double take, but my final inference was that you were 80% serious. I stand by my view that Oliver appears to have crumbled, and is likely to sound like a hirsute Morrissey in a few years. But I didn't intend to be vitriolic. Vituperative, perhaps, albeit directed at Oliver rather than you. :thumbsup:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Maybe someone should tell him lockdown has ended. As a historian he may even be able to research the date that happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here