Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Oliver.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I’ve been listening to his fabulous podcast, about the history of the British Isles in 100 places, for ages. It’s a brilliant listen. The fella is knowledgeable, intelligent and interesting. I like him, so stick that in yer pipe oh woke ones.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I’ve been listening to his fabulous podcast, about the history of the British Isles in 100 places, for ages. It’s a brilliant listen. The fella is knowledgeable, intelligent and interesting. I like him, so stick that in yer pipe oh woke ones.
I very much enjoyed his work on Coast, and his History of Scotland book and series.

This, however, is utter gibberish and drivel.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Kim Jong-un has done a good job cleaning up the streets

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That somebody is knowledgeable about some particular things, doesn't necessarily mean that they are knowledgeable about everything else.

He talking total gibberish about this.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Eh?

The Spanish civil war didn't sing "if you tolerate this,then your children will be next".
It was the manic Street Preachers FFS.

Or is he sending us a cryptic clue that he is actually a manic Street preacher?

Bit disappointed he didn't give us some new info on the Vikings tbh.

c n u t !!!

If_You_Tolerate_This_Your_Children_Will_Be_Next_-_1930s_poster.jpg

The song title* comes from this 1930s' Republican propaganda poster showing a young child killed by Nationalists.

I'm not going to watch the video to see what Oliver said, as he's a deluded ****.

* Longest ever title (without brackets) of a number one single in the UK, fact fans.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
View attachment 138962

The song title comes from this 1930s' Republican propaganda poster showing a young child killed by Nationalists.

I'm not going to watch the video to see what Oliver said, as he's a deluded ****.

He correctly stated the slogan came from the Republican civil war poster. Like I said above, it's the only part of his rant that was grounded in truth.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm not making excuses for him. I think he's let his paranoia get the better of him. But I do believe the pandemic has done, and is doing, strange things to some people.

Perhaps it is the sheer, utter scariness of it. The pressure of just not knowing what the future holds. Some people seem to have lost their sea-anchor. Their usual parameters of normal/mainstream behaviour, perception of right/wrong, reasonable/unreasonable, acceptable/unacceptable seem to be adrift. I've seen it in others, a few of whom have completely lost the plot.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not making excuses for him. I think he's let his paranoia get the better of him. But I do believe the pandemic has done, and is doing, strange things to some people.

Perhaps it is the sheer, utter scariness of it. The pressure of just not knowing what the future holds. Some people seem to have lost their sea-anchor. Their usual parameters of normal/mainstream behaviour, perception of right/wrong, reasonable/unreasonable, acceptable/unacceptable seem to be adrift. I've seen it in others, a few of whom have completely lost the plot.

Do you mean like when Potter reacted to our goal against City that time?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I very much enjoyed his work on Coast, and his History of Scotland book and series.

This, however, is utter gibberish and drivel.

I enjoyed him in Coast however David Icke was once a good sports presenter and Lee Hurst was quite funny once.

What on earth makes them lose the plot?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I enjoyed him in Coast however David Icke was once a good sports presenter and Lee Hurst was quite funny once.

The websites they read, perhaps even articles that are pushed via Facebook, channels on YouTube etc. Although Icke was years ago.

Even if they are initially hooked in by something harmless, a subscription to the wrong group or channel can be all it takes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He should pop down to the women’s refuge I work at. I can take him around and point out the difference between scientists trying to save lives and not overwhelm the NHS and women who have been abused.
Then he can have a stroll along the cliff path with us and talk about something he actually has a clue about.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Does this mean you have to agree with exactly everything he does and says?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You're defending his transformation into a ranbling rough sleeper with visions on the basis that you enjoyed his previous work? And slurring those who don't agree with you as woke?

You sir, yes, you sir, are a pillock, sir.

Edit: [MENTION=12060]Grassman[/MENTION]? Hmmm....perhaps you're being facetious. If so I apologise.

Last edited:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Wow, how a well educated man lost my “trust” so quickly, always thought he seemed a good presenter of great programmes on Scottish History all of which will now be tarnished

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does this mean you have to agree with exactly everything he does and says?

Yes. If you liked top of the pops in the early 70s, it's a knockout, the paintings of Rolf Harris, Cosby, the Wall Of Sound, and Kilroy, then you are compelled to turn a blind eye to any amount of paedophilia, rape and murder that may (or may not - most of this is conjecture) have detracted from the reputations. It's the broflake law.

Edit - having spotted the ID of the poster in question I suspect he's being facetious.

Still, just in case someone does pile in to defend the weirdy jock's psychic meltdown, the above will do for them.

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

The best I can come up with is 'the same reason that makes people who are not in the public eye lose the plot'. We only know these people as their public TV persona. We don't know how susceptible they are to non-mainstream crackpot ideas. David Icke was a bit special though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here