Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Oliver.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
A champion of free speech and frowned upon by the usual suspects
Regards
DF

His not a champion of free speech, he's using a platform that his "celebrity" has provided to spread ridiculous ideas. Just because he gets his lovely hair on the telly he imagines that he's a person worth listening to; he's not.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A champion of free speech and frowned upon by the usual suspects
Regards
DF

What makes him a champion of free speech? We live in a society where everyone is free to say whatever they like. What makes this guy so special? :shrug:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I suspect you're wasting your breath.

It is the right of every layman to listen to what suits them, draw any conclusion they see fit, then jog on.

What baffles me is that people who have decided to bathe in their own confirmation bias feel the need to go on a football forum and tell everyone else they have it wrong. Just have the confidence in your own certainties and clear off, would be my advice. :shrug:

The rest of us are perhaps having a conversation to help ourselves through this, just like we try to engage the collective spirit over transfers, managerial appointments and the like.

HWT,i am happy like many here to take a hit and as you know i started this thread. For me it's his basic point Covid has been used by government/councils to reset everything,like many the first lockdown was justified but now is all the rules and regs needed ? Remember Freedoms are Fought For and not given to You.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HWT,i am happy like many here to take a hit and as you know i started this thread. For me it's his basic point Covid has been used by government/councils to reset everything,like many the first lockdown was justified but now is all the rules and regs needed ? Remember Freedoms are Fought For and not given to You.

I don't recognise your comment that Covid has been "used by government/councils to reset everything". I don't understand what you mean by 'reset'. I am no fan of this government but I see nothing more than a series of attempts to react to a situation to make things better (poor attemps in the main with mistake after mistake, but attempts nevertheless). If you think this is a cunning conspiracy, then give Piers Corbyn a bell - he'll happily take your support, and indeed, money.

More to the point you started a thread a while ago saying that (or asking if) covid is a hoax. I seem to recall you got a month ban for that. When did you change your mind and accept that the first lockdown was justified? When you sobered up after an evening of silly thread starting, perhaps.

What current rules and regs don't you like? I was under the impression that since Freedom Day we can do pretty much what we like. What would you like to do that 'councils' and HMG are stopping you doing?

The devil is in the detail and your complaint is far too sketchy.

As for your final point, what freedoms do you consider that you (or a friend, working on your behalf) need to fight for?

Not for the first time I get the impression you have the wrong end of what you (but nobody else) think is a stick. :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
What makes him a champion of free speech? We live in a society where everyone is free to say whatever they like. What makes this guy so special? :shrug:
Yes but there's the usual suspects that dont like that idea and want to shut it down at every opportunity
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
His not a champion of free speech, he's using a platform that his "celebrity" has provided to spread ridiculous ideas. Just because he gets his lovely hair on the telly he imagines that he's a person worth listening to; he's not.

Speak for yourself , what's his hair got to it ,are you follicle challenged ?
Regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes but there's the usual suspects that dont like that idea and want to shut it down at every opportunity
Regards
DF

You are a fantasists. Free speech is life's blood. You have made up the idea of forces of censorship. Stop reading student blogs and fake news websites. You will feel less titsy.

Telling lies is, of course, is covered by the 'you have a right to talk out of your arse and I have a right to call you a lying thundercunt' clause.

There has been no charge for this heartwarming information :thumbsup:.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You are a fantasists. Free speech is life's blood. You have made up the idea of forces of censorship. Stop reading student blogs and fake news websites. You will feel less titsy.

Telling lies is, of course, is covered by the 'you have a right to talk out of your arse and I have a right to call you a lying thundercunt' clause.

I’m not sure this level of foul and abusive language is acceptable.
I have reported this post, I’m not sure anything will
Be done about it[emoji2371]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Oliver is entitled to his opinion.

HWT is entitled to his opinion :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008

I know H ,i can see the truth gets right up your nose
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

Their first line of defence is to attack its blatantly obvious
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here