Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just watched the women's Street Skateboarding. Both gold and silver were taken by 13-year-olds, while the bronze-winner was a relative veteran at 16. Amazing to have that technique and ability to deal with the pressure at that age. Another 13-year-old, Britain's Sky Brown, will be in the Park event in a couple of weeks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Women’s triathlon now.

Got totally absorbed in the men’s event last night. The bike ride could be eventful tonight as it’s pouring down in Tokyo

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Women’s triathlon now.

Got totally absorbed in the men’s event last night. The bike ride could be eventful tonight as it’s pouring down in Tokyo

You utter bas*ard Bry. I was just about to climb the wooden hill and you tell me this......can't stop
watching it now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes. I’m gutted it is the triathlon too as similarly I was about to turn in. But now I’m going to end up watching this and convincing myself that it’s really important I know who wins.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes. I’m gutted it is the triathlon too as similarly I was about to turn in. But now I’m going to end up watching this and convincing myself that it’s really important I know who wins.

Spot on. I'm actually nervous for the British girls already and I've only been watching 5 mins.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

If it's neither of the British women I really want the Bermudan to win it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sea lions are faster than humans on both land and sea, so if you face one in a triathlon, you really need to make up time on the cycling.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A quick heads-up that there's the Women's Triathlon from 10:30pm tonight. If it's anything like the Men's, it'll be well worth watching and not too late a finish.

GB has a decent shout of a medal with Jess Learmonth and Georgia Taylor-Brown who are World ranked #5 and #7 respectively.

Brilliant performance by Taylor-Brown to come back from a puncture towards the end of the cycling and come through for a gutsy silver medal.

GB's got a real chance of gold in the relay.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Brilliant performance by Taylor-Brown to come back from a puncture towards the end of the cycling and come through for a gutsy silver medal.

GB's got a real chance of gold in the relay.

Fantastic spirit - she put everything into that run. Silver is a fantastic achievement after cycling on a flat.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Gold and Silver for GB in the 200m freestyle!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Apparently it's the first time that 2 GB male swimmers have finished on the same Olympic podium since 1908.

What a result!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Bianca Walkden just crashed out of her Taekwondo semi final. She was 2 points up with literally one second to go, then got caught with a 3-point-scoring kick to the head. Brutal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bianca Walkden just crashed out of her Taekwondo semi final. She was 2 points up with literally one second to go, then got caught with a 3-point-scoring kick to the head. Brutal.

As the commentator said, some of those refereeing decisions were a bit iffy.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
what a great bit of film. Tom Dean's family and friend gathering watch the final. This is what its all about...

[video]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/57979950[/video]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
what a great bit of film. Tom Dean's family and friend gathering watch the final. This is what its all about...

[video]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/57979950[/video]

Watching that really made me well up. You can just imagine it being one of your mates/family members - you'd go mental just like them.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
I don't watch much taekwondo outside of the Olympics, but can't remember seeing that many gam-jeom in a bout.

If I remember it was Walkden that controversially won her world title by deliberately forcing her opponent out of the area multiple times until they accumulated 10 penalties and were disqualified. Walkden was getting well beat otherwise, not illegal but not really in the spirit of the sport. Maybe the officials now have an agenda against her?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here