Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I loved how open the 100m was - could have gone anywhere. Gutted by the false start, and almost typical it was Team GB, but hey ho....a great run by the Italian, and nice to see them get their first medal in the event.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe I'm getting too old for this sort of thing, I have not watched anything yet and I doubt if I will bother at all.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Maybe I'm getting too old for this sort of thing, I have not watched anything yet and I doubt if I will bother at all.

I was a little 'meh' about it, at first, but I've happily been sucked in just by watching a few things, at first. Despite the lack of crowds and the reduction of coverage, I've enjoyed it a hell of a lot.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Interestingly we've won medals in more disciplines than any other nation. I wonder how long that will last?

Must shamefully admit to being a follower of the medals table they don't show you. The biggest countries and the biggest teams with nothing at all.

Currently the leader board of no success in Tokyo (with a week to go) reads:

Kenya (85 athletes)
Chile (57 athletes)
Nigeria (52 athletes)

I was amazed to learn that Nigeria (population circa 212 million) has only won one individual gold medal - EVER.
And then again Nwankwo Kanu is also a Nigerian team gold medallist.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
These gymnastic twins, anyone else a bit…

giphy.gif

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great to hear that Simone Biles will be competing in the Balance Beam tomorrow.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Great to hear that Simone Biles will be competing in the Balance Beam tomorrow.

This was heartening to hear, I think we were all fearing the worst. Let's hope the story ends with a happy ending and a medal, if she could pull of a gold it would be one of the great sporting comebacks. Come on Simone, the world is with you.

:clap2:

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Anyone know whats happening with the timings at this Olympics? Seem all over the place, all the swimming medals in the morning sessions as an ungodly time for Europeans and qualifying in evening sessions (perhaps it works better for the North American market at late evening there?). Now the athletics medals being split between both morning and evening sessions? Traditionally like the swimming it was qualifying in morning sessions and finals in the evening session.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Women's discus reduced to farce. It's raining, so most of the throws aren't even clearing the net. Some are even going backwards. Don't look good for the pole vaulters either

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Anyone know whats happening with the timings at this Olympics? Seem all over the place, all the swimming medals in the morning sessions as an ungodly time for Europeans and qualifying in evening sessions (perhaps it works better for the North American market at late evening there?). Now the athletics medals being split between both morning and evening sessions? Traditionally like the swimming it was qualifying in morning sessions and finals in the evening session.

Looks like they are combining the athletics and swimming at the moment!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like the Swedish women are going to beat Australia. 1-0 up and good control, little over 20min to go.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
These gymnastic twins, anyone else a bit…

giphy.gif

It is quite hard to imagine how their childhoods have been if they are Olympic medalists together at such a young age.

But yes I am a bit...... 3D printers and robots came into my mind......

And I couldn't have done a comprehensible live global TV interview at 16 either

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
It is quite hard to imagine how their childhoods have been if they are Olympic medalists together at such a young age.

But yes I am a bit...... 3D printers and robots came into my mind......

And I couldn't have done a comprehensible live global TV interview at 16 either

Don't get me wrong, they are completely brilliant, I blame Hollywood!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here