Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The problem is once you're still up and start seeing stuff it's difficult to go to bed.

In related news, loving the style of the Zambia wonen's striker for clutching the match ball as if she intended to take it home as she completed her hat-trick.

A hat-trick in a 10 (ten) -3 defeat, with Vivianne Miedema scoring 4 (four) at the other end.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Forget it's on strategy ...

Football without a crowd was bad enough but watching numerous athletic events in a stadium with no crowd/ atmosphere is even worse. [emoji107]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just been looking at the BBC pages. GB always seem to win their medals in a clutch during the mid-way point. I think it's mainly cycling and water stuff although there are a few others.

Always felt a little torn by the Olympic thing. I think the UK is top three now and we have some immense athletes. By the same token I'm very conscious that if it wasn't for the gazillions that the lottery etc has pumped into it then we'd be celebrating the usual solo gold in rowing or something. It's not really a level playing field to boast about.

So I'm trying to remove my Union Jack hat and just enjoy the whole spectacle. It is hard though because Covid has turned it into something that most had forgotten about until it was mentioned. Even the Japs don't seem to be overly keen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have loved it in the past but It has all gone a bit Preston North End for me this time. The fact that it all happened in 2020 and they are only now showing it on telly has soured it completely for me.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The problem is once you're still up and start seeing stuff it's difficult to go to bed.

In related news, loving the style of the Zambia wonen's striker for clutching the match ball as if she intended to take it home as she completed her hat-trick.

A hat-trick in a 10 (ten) -3 defeat, with Vivianne Miedema scoring 4 (four) at the other end.

When you find yourself watching the Zambia women’s football team win 10-3 in the middle of the night that’s usually a good sign that it’s time to turn in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have loved it in the past but It has all gone a bit Preston North End for me this time. The fact that it all happened in 2020 and they are only now showing it on telly has soured it completely for me.

Yeah, I noticed that. Although I have tried to take a peak at the results but can't find them anywhere. You'd have thought someone would have leaked them.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Is this a reference to something or just a surrealist non-sequitur?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this a reference to something or just a surrealist non-sequitur?

It was a weak joke. They are still calling it Japan 2020.

I'll get my Tardis and be off....

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Haha! The boot's on the other foot now!

Let's see how you barstewards like getting up at arse o' clock to watch a bit of sport.

:moo:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I will only be watching the handball tournament and the womens football tournament, I think. Struggle to care about boring sports when stadiums are empty.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Did it ruin the recent football tournament that was also played in 2020 and broadcast in 2021?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really struggling to care this time round, without crowds. Now that we have crowds back for many things, seeing empty stadiums feels like going back in time a bit.

I totally get why they’re doing it that way, just don’t find it worthwhile watching, all about the atmosphere.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Sailing and Cycling are my 2 favourite sports at the Olympics. Sailing not affected at all by no spectators and the indoor cycling will feel a bit strange.
If I subscribe to Eurosports for the year, any idea which other major sporting events they will have? I know they had Le Tour. Giro? Vuelta?
Cheers.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sailing and Cycling are my 2 favourite sports at the Olympics. Sailing not affected at all by no spectators and the indoor cycling will feel a bit strange.
If I subscribe to Eurosports for the year, any idea which other major sporting events they will have? I know they had Le Tour. Giro? Vuelta?
Cheers.

Last two times I watched Eurosport, there was some Latvian ice hockey and then some sober people playing some billiard game. Would avoid it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Cheers.

They have all of the cycling, ad free. A bunch of motor sports, can't tell you which as it is just fast moving traffic as far as I am concerned. Loads of olympics coverage. Normally French Open and other smaller tennis tournaments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here