Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] ASDA Spiderman Clapham Junction

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
More Hulk than Spider-Man. Don’t make him angry.

*note* this is appalling behaviour. Apparently, some YouTube channel that does pranks that got out of hand. :ffsparr:

Social media and lockdowns seems to have exacerbated people’s behaviour.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Were you in fancy dress, and if so, what as?

Shortish version. They used to dump all the going out of date food in the same fridge in a huge pile. Raw meat from the meat counter (just placed loosely in bags), cooked sausage rolls, fish bread, fresh chickens etc..

The shelves were invariably smeared with blood from raw meat as was everything else. Effectively a salmonella tombola that Gordan Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares would have shut down. Rules ? We're ASDA !

It turned a but dark for me when I noticed the elderly were usually the shoppers who went for the fridge of doom.

This went on for months and (before cameras on smart phones) I eventually took a large SLR Camera in there and started taking photos like a food poisoning obsessed David Bailey.

Security and the manager threw me out. I received an apology from ASDA but I've avoided it for years.

During lockdown (as part of a walk) started going in there again. It hasn't changed. I'm not a snob, I shop in ALDI, LIDL regularly .. but my that place has an edge.

It's either the supermarket of choice for those who can't wear masks or full of local, well you know you. Quite uniquely amongst all the major supermarkets in the area.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Asda you say? ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Asda you say? ???

Appallingly supermarket (not the chain) but this one in the past.

I knew what would happen when Aldi and Lidl gentrified locally and they started selling Iberico Ham and English sparkling wine.

To be fair though. I had the runs in Clapham Junction a few months ago. Unlike most supermarkets which had closed their in-store toilets due to Covid infection concerns ASDA were there for me.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I hope that wanker in the Spider-Man costume does time for that, total scum.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What sort of Cun* punches a girl ?

Throw away the the key please .

No better than the wankers who just stood by and watched it and did nothing…

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No better than the wankers who just stood by and watched it and did nothing…
Probably didn't want to be arrested if they got involved in a brawl. No guarantee that ASDA would be funding top lawyers to defend them :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
was one of them in an Ali G costume???:mad:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it wrong that my two takeaways from this are "always watch out for a bloke in a wheelchair with a blonde wig" and "wow, there are people who buy out of date FISH BREAD".

:nono:

(disgraceful, obvs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here