Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Downloaded!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I still am perplexed.

My phone - Motorola G8 power lite does not support NFC.

In Google Pay the season pass QR code is an elongated rectangle and not a, I assume readable, QR square, while all the writing around it is perfect and as it should be.

As it stands I can't use NFC or QR to get in - I can see a long queue forming behind me.

Any ideas as to why the square isn't a square and how I make it square.

I'm on iphone, so am just putting this out as a suggestion, probably won't help at all, but is it something ridiculous like turning the phone side ways so it goes landscape instead of portrait, or pressing/clicking on the ticket to open it again?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm on iphone, so am just putting this out as a suggestion, probably won't help at all, but is it something ridiculous like turning the phone side ways so it goes landscape instead of portrait, or pressing/clicking on the ticket to open it again?

I think the ST pass is a barcode, not a QR code................barcodes do scan at the turnstiles (they have previously been on PAH tickets)

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Im guessing that like most things tech wise, this will work very easily for the vast majority of people first time
For the small % of people that it doesn't work for, most will be user error and relatively easily rectified, by simply following the instructions , and there will be a very small number where there is actually a proper insurmountable problem, and the club will issue a plastic season ticket-

Having worked with the public for years, I like many others will have numerous stories of where customers have insisted they have followed the instructions to the letter and it doesn't work, yet when you talk them through, step by step, it suddenly works like magic. The technical term is PICNIC- Problem IN Chair Not in Computer

There will be some problems, but probably no more than happened when cards were introduced, or print at home tickets, and after the first few games everyone will wonder what the fuss was all about

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Im guessing that like most things tech wise, this will work very easily for the vast majority of people first time
For the small % of people that it doesn't work for, most will be user error and relatively easily rectified, by simply following the instructions , and there will be a very small number where there is actually a proper insurmountable problem, and the club will issue a plastic season ticket-

Having worked with the public for years, I like many others will have numerous stories of where customers have insisted they have followed the instructions to the letter and it doesn't work, yet when you talk them through, step by step, it suddenly works like magic. The technical term is PICNIC- Problem IN Chair Not in Computer

There will be some problems, but probably no more than happened when cards were introduced, or print at home tickets, and after the first few games everyone will wonder what the fuss was all about

Can I just put on the record right here and now:-

I have not and never have followed any simple instructions.
I am entirely reliant on the good people of NSC.
I will never change.

They have never let me down.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Got it working fine on my iPhone, but my dad has Android and has the “can only be downloaded to one device” issue, but it’s not present in his Google Pay app. He thinks it might have got stuck as he’d not accepted some of the Google Pay T&Cs.

Is there any advice on fixing this, or is he going to be better ringing the club so they can reset his digital ticket? Very frustrating you can’t do that yourself honestly!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Got it working fine on my iPhone, but my dad has Android and has the “can only be downloaded to one device” issue, but it’s not present in his Google Pay app. He thinks it might have got stuck as he’d not accepted some of the Google Pay T&Cs.

Is there any advice on fixing this, or is he going to be better ringing the club so they can reset his digital ticket? Very frustrating you can’t do that yourself honestly!

How did your dad think he was going to use GooglePay if he didn't accept the T&Cs of use?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

When I download ticket from Email to Google Pay on android, I get the message "this item can only be used by one person" and doesn't save.. Haven't a clue what this means as I am the one person who uses my phone and my email.

Anyway, Google Pay have tried to sort, but are baffled. After a second call to Albion (why is ticket office visit closed with some ticket issues ongoing).
After talking through my problem on the phone the Albion rep said "ah, hang on. I have read something about this problem and there is a glitch in the system.
They are working on it and hope to have sorted early next week". So fingers crossed.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
How did your dad think he was going to use GooglePay if he didn't accept the T&Cs of use?

I believe because he wasn't aware there were T&Cs, or he simply missed them. He wasn't intentionally not accepting them, he just tried to load in the ticket prior to having accepted them and it all glitched out.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
When I download ticket from Email to Google Pay on android, I get the message "this item can only be used by one person" and doesn't save.. Haven't a clue what this means as I am the one person who uses my phone and my email.

Anyway, Google Pay have tried to sort, but are baffled. After a second call to Albion (why is ticket office visit closed with some ticket issues ongoing).
After talking through my problem on the phone the Albion rep said "ah, hang on. I have read something about this problem and there is a glitch in the system.
They are working on it and hope to have sorted early next week". So fingers crossed.

Ah so it may well just be an issue with the system itself? That's good to know! He's just not very up on technology, so isn't particularly happy about the new system compared to the old smartcard.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I

Possible confirmation of my earlier post re instructions !

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Great idea but just noticed that links for 1901 club members haven’t been sent yet and it won’t allow a direct download on the club website either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Not sure if it's been mentioned, assuming travel is included, when using your ticket for public transport are we expected to wave our phones at the bus driver rather than our season tickets/paper tickets ? Hope they'll all be briefed on what to look out for

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Not sure if it's been mentioned, assuming travel is included, when using your ticket for public transport are we expected to wave our phones at the bus driver rather than our season tickets/paper tickets ? Hope they'll all be briefed on what to look out for

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just wear a blue and white scarf.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure if it's been mentioned, assuming travel is included, when using your ticket for public transport are we expected to wave our phones at the bus driver rather than our season tickets/paper tickets ?

How else are you going to show you've got an Albion ticket?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Still waiting for glitch to be fixed which blocks my download from email to Google Pay.

Albion say it is known and should be fixed this week. Whatever, they said I will get a ticket someway or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here