Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Realistic and plausible transfer business…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It will never end up being this simple BUT… I feel it’s all there for us if the rumours are to be believed.

Marc Cucurella - looks like he’d be a great acquisition at wing back

Odsonne Édouard - if we do have an interest, £20mil could be a steal looks like he’d fit the system well and only major question marks are his attitude

Get the young Chelsea lad in as it’s too good an opportunity even if he is similar in position to Lamptey

Decide whether to sign a Ben White replacement or promote within. Possibly Nat Phillips or the Croatian.

The Japanese winger in as a prospect to go out on loan

Clear a few more ‘deadwood’ players we don’t mind if we lose.

Keep hold of everyone else if possible - eg Bissouma. If not, we’ve got the Conputer and Moises there ready.

Job done.

It’ll never be this simple, but there’s lots of potential in all the above as ‘strong’ rumours and all seem plausible.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agreed - the targets make absolute sense and fill the gaps we know about.

Cover for March and Lamptey is possibly even more crucial than the striker.
I can't get too excited about Edouard yet, too many false dawns in that regard.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Should read ‘realistic and plausible transfer business’ sorry.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It will never end up being this simple BUT… I feel it’s all there for us if the rumours are to be believed.

Odsonne Édouard - if we do have an interest, £20mil could be a steal looks like he’d fit the system well and only major question marks are his attitude

Get the young Chelsea lad in as it’s too good an opportunity even if he is similar in position to Lamptey

Decide whether to sign a Ben White replacement or promote within. Possibly Nat Phillips or the Croatian.

Keep hold of everyone else if possible - eg Bissouma. If not, we’ve got the Conputer and Moises there ready.

Job done.

It’ll never be this simple, but there’s lots of potential in all the above as ‘strong’ rumours and all seem plausible.

Looks about right. I do think we’ll sign a White replacement. In my wildest dreams I hope for a fast wide attacker as well to replace Izzy (Gonzalez/Dan James type). But if we can do all the above at reported fees, we’re likely close to a net zero or maybe €10M spend as well, with a much stronger squad. A lot to get over the line though, especially the ever-elusive striker.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks about right. I do think we’ll sign a White replacement. In my wildest dreams I hope for a fast wide attacker as well to replace Izzy (Gonzalez/Dan James type). But if we can do all the above at reported fees, we’re likely close to a net zero or maybe €10M spend as well, with a much stronger squad. A lot to get over the line though, especially the ever-elusive striker.

Don’t forget the deadwood and also the sales we’ve already made (AJ / Ryan etc). Could see Locadia, Duffy, Tau going for small ish fees - prob others I’ve forgotten - Molumby etc. With those and if we did the above or similar I’d guess we’d be in the black for player sales AND wages. Would be nice.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Slight derail (sorry Sheebo) but why isn’t it possible for thread starters to edit thread titles ?
I agree we most need cover in positions where first choice are injury prone and that means both wing backs.

I’d say it may be a little early to consider Lamps injury prone. I read this the other day on here. I may well be wrong, but isn’t his only injury with us last seasons one (albeit a bad one)? Possibly had one when he signed too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Cucurella
Edouard
James
Phillips

Thats a lot of money still to be spent.... plus what we have already dropped.

If Biss goes then its possible we get them all, unlikely but possible

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cucurella
Edouard
James
Phillips

Thats a lot of money still to be spent.... plus what we have already dropped.

If Biss goes then its possible we get them all, unlikely but possible

Take James out (as I don’t feel there’s been credible enough sources - Edourd is borderline as Naylor said no) and it’s still likely less than the £50mil we getting for BW. Isn’t it about £180mil tv money? So no problem…

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

I agree with all of that. As we know, it may or may not happen, but there has certainly been much speculation from established sources who have very large numbers of followers.

The only bit I haven't see mentioned is any speculation about a Croatian defender. Who is that?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with all of that. As we know, it may or may not happen, but there has certainly been much speculation from established sources who have very large numbers of followers.

The only bit I haven't see mentioned is any speculation about a Croatian defender. Who is that?

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?389065-Duje-Ćaleta-Car

I’m so bad with names, particularly foreign ones, I just define them by nationality when I can’t be arsed to look ::ohmy:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Take James out (as I don’t feel there’s been credible enough sources - Edourd is borderline as Naylor said no) and it’s still likely less than the £50mil we getting for BW. Isn’t it about £180mil tv money? So no problem…

Im keeping James in my wish list. I want all 4 ... very very greedy i know

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Naylor said no several days ago.

About the Croatian?

Edit - found it.

Altho Naylor saying no to Edouard is fairly likely to be true, we’ve been reported as interested before, and it could be the club don’t want details leaked so Naylors ‘sauce’ is just saying no as a result. I’m hoping.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Job done.

It is all realistic individually from the sounds of it but I'd be very surprised (and pleased) if it all happened. Would be a fantastic transfer window for us

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Slight derail (sorry Sheebo) but why isn’t it possible for thread starters to edit thread titles ?

Thread starters can edit thread titles.

You select the 'edit post' option as normal, then select 'Go Advanced' and this will then enable you to edit the title. But I think there may be a time-limit for this, but I'm not sure how long that is.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Don’t forget the deadwood and also the sales we’ve already made (AJ / Ryan etc). Could see Locadia, Duffy, Tau going for small ish fees - prob others I’ve forgotten - Molumby etc. With those and if we did the above or similar I’d guess we’d be in the black for player sales AND wages. Would be nice.

Yes was factoring that in. I don’t think we’ll get much, if anything, for Duffy, and maybe a small fee for Tau. Locadia I suspect will still cost us money to get rid of him/pay off his contract…

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes was factoring that in. I don’t think we’ll get much, if anything, for Duffy, and maybe a small fee for Tau. Locadia I suspect will still cost us money to get rid of him/pay off his contract

Ssssshhhh! I hear Palace have £80m burning a hole in their pocket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here