Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I’d be very happy with this

ed2378e695e6dd15d4cfebb15b172d8a.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least we now know what position we won't finish.

Sadly we also know palace are now safe.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
But But But.... Don't they realise that Palace have by far the best academy in the country and have signed exceptional players already this season?

Thats what I keep hearing...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
But But But.... Don't they realise that Palace have by far the best academy in the country and have signed exceptional players already this season?

Thats what I keep hearing...

They should be really excited. Spending £18m on a CB who's never played above the Championship in Marc Guehi and potentially £12m on Kabak, who couldn't get into a Liverpool defence that had a massive aversion to clean sheets all season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Everton would take that , some Bizarre signings already , I reckon 12th is certainly a realistic target for us to aim for this coming season .

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Calling @ Milo

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
How many times have FourFourTwo predicted our relegation?

must be 4 isn't it?

Edit: - Nope they were spectacularly wrong with Villa going down last season - had us 2 places clear of Palace.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
They should be really excited. Spending £18m on a CB who's never played above the Championship in Marc Guehi and potentially £12m on Kabak, who couldn't get into a Liverpool defence that had a massive aversion to clean sheets all season.

To be fair, we spent £20m on Webster

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To be fair, we spent £20m on Webster

Webster had played nearly 100 games in the Championship and had nearly 200 first team appearances to his name when we brought him. He wasn't some inexperienced kid, obviously he didn't have any Premier League experience, but he'd played a lot of first team football at all levels when we signed him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why do they predict so early? Anything could happen in the next month.

The season preview is one of their biggest sellers of the season. But it has to go on sale a couple of weeks before season starts (normally a week before Football League and 2 weeks before EPL) .
And so print deadline for that is normally beginning of end June/beginning of July.
The predictions and written previews are nearly all done (i've done it a couple of times but the writers of the club previews don't do the league predictions) with not much idea of the summer transfers incomings/outgoings. So you're relying a bit on how the previous season has gone/ended.

Hence Palace - bottom - poor form 2nd half of last season and all done before Viera appointed, sense club in transition
Hence Brighton - 12th - good form 2nd half of last season, Potter reputation, sense club is on up.

When Saturday Comes is out soon. The writers there do the league previews (and they tot them up) .They were done about a month ago.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At least we now know what position we won't finish.

Sadly we also know palace are now safe.

Yes, indeed. The annual Four-Four-Two 'How the table is extremely unlikely to end up' issue.

Yet it appears each year as some kind of prophetic tablet.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah, and while he was straight into the side it took him quite a while to look comfortable with the division.

This!
plenty on here were concerned.

He was also playing alongside Dunk and Duffy?? so wasn't expected to do the heavy lifting on his own.

I think palace have Kouyate and Tompkins as likely partners for him at the moment.
Genuinely surprised they hadn't secured Cahill's services before signing Guehi as I think his experience would be invaluable in aiding Guehi's transition to the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here