Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dawn Butler MP

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
funny old place parliament, you can libel, have parliamentary privilege to say pretty much anything, but you mustn't call a member a liar even when the world knows they are.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
81B9BED5-AF0A-4A94-BF0E-2283E41551F3.png

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And having read the article, it looks to have been a considered decision not to retract the accusation. Liars go unpunished and those who call them out - in Parliament at least - get punished!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Reminiscent of the marvellous Dennis Skinner, the Beast of Bolsover.

He got a day’s suspension for calling Cameron ‘Dodgy Dave’ ( ahead of his time , there)

And, for saying half the Tories on the benches opposite we’re crooks, he was told to retract so said, okay, half the Tories opposite WERE’NT crooks.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
funny old place parliament, you can libel, have parliamentary privilege to say pretty much anything, but you mustn't call a member a liar even when the world knows they are.

Or accuse an MP of being drunk apparently. Ridiculous !

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In other news, 5 Tory MPs have been suspended for one day and asked to apologise for exerting undue pressure on 2 High Court Judges in sex offender Charlie , IM A NAUGHTY TORY, Elphicke case .

I don’t know how its not perverting the course of Justice

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m not a fan of Boris , he’s probably the weakest Conservative PM in living memory but Dawn Butler epitomises everything that’s wrong with Labour . Big mouth and lacking in intellect.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
She gets nothing but respect from me. It’s about time parliament regained its honour. It’s ridiculous that they refer to each other as “the honourable gentleman” and are referred to as “the Right Honourable” whoever. The place is infested with dishonourable members.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m not a fan of Boris , he’s probably the weakest Conservative PM in living memory but Dawn Butler epitomises everything that’s wrong with Labour . Big mouth and lacking in intellect.

But, she’s completely right about Johnson though, The man cannot open his mouth without the lies dribbling out.
The Speaker and his staff have let our esteemed Prime Minister get away with lie after lie after lie.

Most corrupt Government in modern times.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
But, she’s completely right about Johnson though, The man cannot open his mouth without the lies dribbling out.
The Speaker and his staff have let our esteemed Prime Minister get away with lie after lie after lie.

Most corrupt Government in modern times.

Then she needs to be smarter in the way she comes across,

If she wants a future in politics she needs to ba able to convey without actually being that blunt

She knows the rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like she's on the wrong side of The House then? With those qualifications she should be in the ERG surely?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

If she wants a future in politics she needs to ba able to convey without actually being that blunt

She knows the rules

“ If she wants a future in politics “??

She was first elected to Parliament in 2005, she’s been a Government Minister and a shadow Minister.

I really doubt she needs career advice from you.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

She knows the rules

she knows she'd be thrown out and make a media splash too. few weeks ago she was confronting the Health Secretary about NHS being datamined to target questionnaires on political preferences. nice and controversial, but verging on batland.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Well, she's succeeded in showing more intellect through using her mouth than her 649 colleagues, and the media in this country.
Our PM is a serial liar -- if you want proof, which I suspect you do, check out the new book from the excellent conservative commentator Peter Oborne -- and it's about time more people recognised it. More will now as a result of Dawn Butler's intellect and mouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here