Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Panic Buying

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Appears panic buying is rife again as stocks run low in supermarkets on key items, Mrs Crodo went to our local Co-op this morning to get some avocado, granola and almond milk for breakfast and the shelves were pretty much empty.

:nono:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'm just about to pop into the Co-op opposite Hove town hall. I will check for the aforementioned items and let you know their stock levels so you may ease your fingers away from the panic button and instead towards the picnic button :thumbsup:

el punal

Appears panic buying is rife again as stocks run low in supermarkets on key items, Mrs Crodo went to our local Co-op this morning to get some avocado, granola and almond milk for breakfast and the shelves were pretty much empty.

I’ll swop six of your avocados for twelve bogrolls (triple ply).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This one is funny

[tweet]1418149498115735555[/tweet]

It's the 'reduced to clear' shelves for the supermarket they are supposed to be empty :facepalm:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This one is funny

[tweet]1418149498115735555[/tweet]

It's the 'reduced to clear' shelves for the supermarket they are supposed to be empty :facepalm:

If you hadn't have added a tag line, I would have assumed the funny bit was the carrot and potatoes looking like a cock and balls.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Really don't know how people will cope without their local corner shop having such essentials in stock. I'm very worried - my local Co-op had literally NO Sun-dried tomatoes in EV olive oil. None.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No doubt the government will blame the people rather than Brexit...

We send the EU £350,000,000 a week.
Let's fund HGV drivers instead.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks to crodonilson for highlighting this :bowdown:

I was only just in time to get the last Duchy Organic British Quinoa from Hove Waitrose. It was real touch and go, I thought I might be left with essentials quinoa :eek:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just got back from Tesco’s and saw some bloke buying 4 x crates of San Miguel, 5 x Paella’s and 3 x Sombreros. I thought to myself ….

Hispanic buying

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

On the plus side, all the bennies from March 2020 are still steadily making inroads into their stockpile of bog rolls and cheap pasta :wave:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Don't think it's panic buying. It's been widely reported that there's distribution problems (partly Brexit - not enough UK resident truck drivers; partly so many of the truck drivers we still have are self isolating). And then in stores themselves, they're starting to report that self-isolation levels among staff in some areas is affecting their ability to put the stock on the shelves even if they have it.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I don't know what the problem is.
No burgers or chicken dippers in Iceland last night so I fashioned myself a crude hunting bow and spent this morning hunting wild game across Sussex.
I got 2 boar,1 deer,5 squirrels and a hedgehog.
I was also in bevendean and I found 2 lions about to start feasting on a freshly killed wildebeest ,so I shooed them away and got that too.
People are far to reliant on supermarkets these days and are not prepared to put the work in to feed themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here