Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] And now for something completely different

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Frank Skinner used to say:-

'If I were The Matt LeTissier of Comedy I'd stand here in silence for 89 minutes, then tell the best joke you've ever heard before walking off stage'.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As Frank Skinner used to say:-

'If I were The Matt LeTissier of Comedy I'd stand here in silence for 89 minutes, then tell the best joke you've ever heard before walking off stage'.

Stat err lite’s gone up to the skies
Things like that drive me out of my mind
I watched it for a little while
I like to watch things on TV

Bom bom bom
Statellite of love
Bom bom bom
Statellite of love
Bom bom bom
Statellite of love
Stat err lite of love

Statellite's gone way up to Mars...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think it was a crime. Ince, Gascoigne, Barmby, Platt, McManaman all had far better work rates.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think it was a crime. Ince, Gascoigne, Barmby, Platt, McManaman all had far better work rates.

It was one thing for him to get overlooked when the likes of Barnes, Waddle, Beardsley, Sheringham were in their prime but there was a time when Graham Taylor picked binners like Lee Sharpe, Paul Merson and Andy Sinton ahead of him.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Seen many a time "back in the day" hanging around the food counter at Jumpin' Jaks in Southampton getting loads of love and attention from his disciples.

I know someone who paid for Matt to attend his wedding as a speaker. Apparently the groom got a lot of stick as most of his wedding photos on facebook were him with Matt, not his newly-wed wife. :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I saw a couple of those appearances for England and unfortunately he didn't show any of those moments of brilliance. Although he did memorably step out of a challenge completely against Italy as they broke and almost scored against us in a world cup qualifier 25 years ago (not that I hold a grudge :angel:).

But well worth playing with 10 men all night in the remote hope that he might do something 'special' :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
490D3B12-0D9B-4015-9E63-AC6AE0E858A7.jpeg
Ah, those were the days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gormless Gink.

Stan Bowles or Tony Currie get my vote
Le Tiss is a ****

Not a fan but he was a quality footballer who showed the sort of loyalty I’d love to see from an Albion player :down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here