Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby World cup.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Australia & New Zealand withdraw from the Rugby World cup in the UK. Apparently they are not trusting the UK methods of containing the Pandemic.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted, the Rugby World Cup would have been a huge boon for the nation post pandemic and I'm sure audiences in stadia, covid permitting and on TV, would have been huge. They are right though their governments have done a much better job of containing and controlling the pandemic, much of Australia is currently in lockdown with in the low hundreds of daily cases so they must see us as a basket case with 50,000+ daily cases and a free for all.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'm not a rugby fan but I thought the next Rugby World Cup was in France, 2023.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Australia & New Zealand withdraw from the Rugby World cup in the UK. Apparently they are not trusting the UK methods of containing the Pandemic.

Weird, we have shown with hosting Cricket, football and Tennis we can do it safely.

It sounds more like Australia/NZ carrying on the zero covid plan.

I dont see how Australia can host the T20 world cup this year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh. The interesting one. Not 'kick and clap, then off to the bar for a game of soggy biscuit'.

:lolol:

Not our rugby club, everyone's too busy scoffing bacon butties post game

(my tongue was firmly in my cheek BTW, I used to watch Bradford Northern regularly when I lived there)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We might win the thing now :clap2::banana::clap:

My thoughts exactly.

Sadly, this isn't the proper rugby tournament. It's the one for those there northern scruffs.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Weird, we have shown with hosting Cricket, football and Tennis we can do it safely.

It's already been switched to India, then switched again to UAE/Oman. Australia are due to host it next year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

…also emerging some players in doubt for the ashes tour if their families aren’t allowed during the three month stay according to TS

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
…also emerging some players in doubt for the ashes tour if their families aren’t allowed during the three month stay according to TS

The Ashes must be in grave danger, I highly doubt there will be full capacities, and a very fair chance they will all be behind closed doors and I expect the teams will have to stay in bio secure bubbles after a strict 14 day quarantine for the England players. It will be a tough, tough time for them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Ashes must be in grave danger, I highly doubt there will be full capacities, and a very fair chance they will all be behind closed doors and I expect the teams will have to stay in bio secure bubbles after a strict 14 day quarantine for the England players. It will be a tough, tough time for them.

Yes…although there is still a fair time to go…a fair amount of disruption seems inevitable ..more than anything over how things evolve in Oz over the next few months

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Rugby League? All I can remember about this game is endless, tedious wet Saturday afternoons when I was younger
listening to Eddie Waring talking about a game that seemed to come from a distant land somewhere. And the BBC showing
it because, apart from horse racing from Haydock Park, that was all that was available.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Rugby League? All I can remember about this game is endless, tedious wet Saturday afternoons when I was younger
listening to Eddie Waring talking about a game that seemed to come from a distant land somewhere. And the BBC showing
it because, apart from horse racing from Haydock Park, that was all that was available

And Scambling! Don't forget Scrambling! Arthur Lampkin was one of my first sporting heroes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here