Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any new/nearly new car salespeople out there.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I know which car I want but it is only a few years old so not many used about with the spec I want, looking at ex demonstrator or very low mileage.
So i have been waiting for the new registrations as i know this is the best time to buy.
I want inside info as to how it works in a dealership as they are not going to tell me.
What happens to all the 21 cars as 22 comes out, is it a good time to snap one up.
Problem is that nearly new are not dropping in price very much, it is a really popular car, new about 23k, used about 20-21k.
I dont buy new but will if i have to.
No lease or PCP, 15k down pay rest off at 0% over 2 years.
Do i need to go to the dealership now, just before or just after the new plates?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Huge shortage on cars at the moment - with very long lead times on new builds (20-30+ weeks). This has meant that nearly new / second hand are not dropping as much due to the demand + lack of new cars moving down. I doubt a car would drop that much in value just because a 22 has come out.

Worth noting some dealers can offer more discount on a PCP or similar, so wouldn't rule it out completely if you can settle early.

Also your early in the quarter, early-mid September is probably a better time depending on how they are doing against targets

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Huge shortage on cars at the moment - with very long lead times on new builds (20-30+ weeks). This has meant that nearly new / second hand are not dropping as much due to the demand + lack of new cars moving down. I doubt a car would drop that much in value just because a 22 has come out.

Worth noting some dealers can offer more discount on a PCP or similar, so wouldn't rule it out completely if you can settle early.

Also your early in the quarter, early-mid September is probably a better time depending on how they are doing against targets

Thanks.
I think they are doing very nicely with their targets on this car.
I don't want to compromise when spending this much, I want a certain spec and we only like 2 of the colours on offer.
I will need to keep looking at the web sites like Cinch etc to see if anything comes up as dealers from all over the UK put their nearly new/used on them.
You are so right about the car market at the moment.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Get on the phone and call all the main dealers of the particular marque. Speak to dealerships all over the country, they will deliver if they have pre-reg stock they need to sell.

Towards end of quarter is the best time depending on whether they need to book more.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I can tell you now, the stock levels now are extremely low throughout the country. Even some vans you won’t see until around May 2022…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thanks for the help.
WTF is going on out there.
New/nearly new car, difficult.
New kitchen and bathroom, high prices and long fitting time or no good tradesmen available for ages.
Lady driving instructor for my daughter who turns 17 in August, nope.
Its not easy out there at the moment.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thanks for the help.
WTF is going on out there.
New/nearly new car, difficult.
New kitchen and bathroom, high prices and long fitting time or no good tradesmen available for ages.
Lady driving instructor for my daughter who turns 17 in August, nope.
Its not easy out there at the moment.

People (some) not taking so many holidays…spending money on doing their house up…causing delays …ummm..people not using public transport so much plus see previous ..hence buying another car…container prices rocketing …erm…Brexit? .l.big demand/ low supply generally causes higher prices Etc etc

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
By all accounts it’s a bad time to be trying to buy a car. I bought second hand in Jan, and the equivalent car is now 2 grand more expensive.

Yes it is, a terrible time.
But this afternoon I found 1 car that sort of meets what I want.
Premium paint in a colour I like and 2 optional packs, meaning it is loaded with extra spec as well as standard.
It is a 2020 car and done 13,000 miles, they want £19,900 for it.
At a rough guess, with all the extras I reckon it would have been about £24,000 new.
Problem is that it is in a dealership in Dagenham.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Yes it is, a terrible time.
But this afternoon I found 1 car that sort of meets what I want.
Premium paint in a colour I like and 2 optional packs, meaning it is loaded with extra spec as well as standard.
It is a 2020 car and done 13,000 miles, they want £19,900 for it.
At a rough guess, with all the extras I reckon it would have been about £24,000 new.
Problem is that it is in a dealership in Dagenham.
If it’s the car you want then be prepared to travel. I had to go to Leicester to get mine, so far it’s been worth the effort

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here