Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Samsung Pay - NFC - E-Tickets - Google Pay

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
We have Samsung Android Smartphones and use Samsung Pay rather than Google Pay. We have never had a problem using Samsung Pay anywhere. Having watched the club video on how to load the e-ticket onto your smart phone, it states that you make Google Pay as your default payment option on your smartphone (erm... no thank you). Would anybody know if Samsung pay will load the e-ticket in the same was as Google pay before we try and it then screws up? Thanks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I assume that is for non season ticket holders?

I use Apple Pay as my default anyway as I have an iPhone

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We have Samsung Android Smartphones and use Samsung Pay rather than Google Pay. We have never had a problem using Samsung Pay anywhere. Having watched the club video on how to load the e-ticket onto your smart phone, it states that you make Google Pay as your default payment option on your smartphone (erm... no thank you). Would anybody know if Samsung pay will load the e-ticket in the same was as Google pay before we try and it then screws up? Thanks.

I asked the club and was told you have to set Google wallet as your default to get in and then reset to Samsung pay afterwards. Stupid

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not looked into it yet but what if you are a STH and use old fashioned debit cards? Can't I get in?

Or is this to buy a pie and pint?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Which security tests?

Its been quite some time since I researched and decided on Samsung pay over Google pay. As with everything, do your own research and then make your decision as to which service you wish to use.

Going back to my original question, if Google pay is the only supported payment service, and has to be set as default, then I think I'll be ticking the 'No smartphone' option in future, so that I do not have to remember to reset my default payment service back to Samsung pay (which works just fine on the concourse tills).

I do wonder what carnage we will witness once the season starts in anger, with non-techie stewards try to help non-techie supporters with numerous makes and models of smartphones experiencing issues at the turnstiles.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Its been quite some time since I researched and decided on Samsung pay over Google pay. As with everything, do your own research and then make your decision as to which service you wish to use.

Going back to my original question, if Google pay is the only supported payment service, and has to be set as default, then I think I'll be ticking the 'No smartphone' option in future, so that I do not have to remember to reset my default payment service back to Samsung pay (which works just fine on the concourse tills).

I do wonder what carnage we will witness once the season starts in anger, with non-techie stewards try to help non-techie supporters with numerous makes and models of smartphones experiencing issues at the turnstiles.

https://blog.revolut.com/a/is-google-pay-safe/

https://blog.revolut.com/a/samsung-pay-vs-google-pay/

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...which-mobile-payment-provider-should-you-use/

https://www.businessupside.com/2021/05/28/samsung-pay-vs-google-pay-which-is-better/

These articles don't seem to suggest any difference in security!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For Getafe tickets the club website says the ticket will be loaded in to the Applet wallet/Google pay. I understand the Apple wallet but what the hell is Google Pay ? Come to think of it what is Samsung Pay ? I thought I understood this. We bought tickets for a Chester game at Christmas and they went into my Apple Wallet.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For Getafe tickets the club website says the ticket will be loaded in to the Applet wallet/Google pay. I understand the Apple wallet but what the hell is Google Pay ? Come to think of it what is Samsung Pay ? I thought I understood this. We bought tickets for a Chester game at Christmas and they went into my Apple Wallet.

They are just Android / Samsung phone versions of Apple Pay / Wallet. Clearly you have an iPhone so no need to worry.

My question is - do I need to set one of these up to get my season ticket and what about my son who can't set one up as he has no bank account ?

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Right, old geezer here.
I've got tickets to the Getafe game.
Parking is print@home.
How do I get my entrance ticket? I have an Android phone, 1 year old.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They are just Android / Samsung phone versions of Apple Pay / Wallet. Clearly you have an iPhone so no need to worry.

My question is - do I need to set one of these up to get my season ticket and what about my son who can't set one up as he has no back account ?

Thank you. I believe the answer to your question is that there is an alternative. For Getafe there is a link to click if you don’t have a smartphone. I would imagine there will be something similar for season tickets.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The people that are worried about the security of online payment services, may want to be more concerned about how easy it it to get you card details with a £12 NFC scanner from eBay.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here