Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Daily Mail article so won't read.

Daily Mail article so can't trust.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
- House of Commons banned from tweeting vote results.
- Vaccine passports becoming mandatory

And now this.

Beginning to feel like a corrupt dictatorship, is anyone else finding this actually quite worrying?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
file-20171107-1020-1n3lkl0.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's in the Mail so it's probably a load of old bollocks. It sounds like the exact opposite of anything Boris the libertarian would support.

Mind you, the same was once true about Brexit....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
[tweet]1417508266616266755[/tweet]
The example specifically given in the article is if someone publishes the names of British spies and puts their life in danger.

If they want to publish a story where the headline reflects the story, it might be more helpful.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I read the Mail when there's one lying around just to see what they're up to. It doesn't strike me as the most untrustworthy of papers, merely one that I disagree with, but acknowledge it's extremely effective at what it does.
Will the following do?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ng-home-office-public-interest-whistleblowing

much more measured tone from the Guardian though. against it by instinct, there's an interesting problem here about the blur between espionage and leaking government information. people will knee-jerk against it, overlooking the Law Commission initiated review. it probably needs some thought, more than can fit in 280 characters.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bricklayers Wanted!!!

The amount of embarressing stories the current mob create, they will need some new prisons.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me the issue is always 'public interest'. The press in this country needs heavy censoring because it often acts in the interests of the lowest common denominator of literary trash- often at the expense of others welfare.

However, once standards and values are applied, proper investigative journalism that exposes corruption, injustice and crime should not be censored.

The courts have a good handle on such things generally, but are only really accessible for the wealthy.

Happy to see gazillions in fines for infringements on right to privacy. Not happy to see someone banged up for exposing uncomfortable truths about government and civil service activity.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Only have to look at Assange to see what happens to you when uncomfortable truths about governments are revealed....

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Only have to look at Assange to see what happens to you when uncomfortable truths about governments are revealed....

or jump bail of course.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I read the Mail when there's one lying around just to see what they're up to. It doesn't strike me as the most untrustworthy of papers, merely one that I disagree with, but acknowledge it's extremely effective at what it does.
Will the following do?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ng-home-office-public-interest-whistleblowing

I’m sure the Mail was seen as the most unreliable and untrustworthy news organisation in the country, racking up sanctions from the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) for its factual inaccuracy. And considering the British press is the least trusted in Europe (European Commission survey giving it a net rating of minus 60), that doesn’t bode well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here