Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this what taking back control looks like?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Which way were they going?

This is a good point.

The Government have a grant scheme for Europeans to re-settle outside of the UK worth up to £3,000.

If you look at the crisis state of the hospitality and haulage industries in terms of available workers, you’ll see that thousands upon thousands of skilled Europeans have left and won’t be coming back so there is surely a net decrease in ‘foreigners coming over here and taking our jobs and using our services’.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Language and also the fact that friends and family reside in the uk.

I'm not sure that stacks up ?

The 2011 UK Census recorded 8,526 people who stated that they were born in Syria resident in England, 322 in Wales,[1] 379 in Scotland[2] and 31 in Northern Ireland.[3] The Office for National Statistics estimated that the population stood at 48,000 in 2019.[4] This increase is due largely to the Syrian refugee crisis.

more than a 5 fold increase due to ongoing civil war, they can't all be related

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
accepting that, what is the draw to make so many make the additional, dangerous crossing?

I'm not sure. I can make a couple of suggestions. First of all, if they learn a European language, it will almost be English so they can feel more at home here.

Secondly, we're just about the only European country that doesn't have ID cards that need to be carried at all times - that must be a benefit to people coming from outside. Related to this, our police are really highly regarded across the world: we may not appreciate this but I bet migrants do.

I can't answer for every migrant but our cricket team has just welcomed a young Afghan lad who's been granted leave to stay. Perhaps love of cricket could be a factor with some ....:smile:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm not sure that stacks up ?

The 2011 UK Census recorded 8,526 people who stated that they were born in Syria resident in England, 322 in Wales,[1] 379 in Scotland[2] and 31 in Northern Ireland.[3] The Office for National Statistics estimated that the population stood at 48,000 in 2019.[4] This increase is due largely to the Syrian refugee crisis.

more than a 5 fold increase due to ongoing civil war, they can't all be related

Language then.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Interestingly, you have exactly the same style of posting as pretty pink fairy, and Live by the sea.
The same grammatical error of leaving a space between the word and punctuation marks (commas and full stops)

Is it possible to suffer from schizophrenia, bi polar and Dissociative Identity Disorder all at the same time, whilst being a 'casual' xenophobic rascist?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Met a Syrian family in Portslade a few times through work. Couple of young kids.

She was full time mum but he worked his @rse off.

They were (are) Christian and so got persecuted in Syria for their beliefs and were granted asylum. Nice family.

Only Syrians I've ever met.

Jan 30, 2008
Woke apologist at best on this thread , the sooner we send the parasites back the better the INVASION has to stop !
Regards
DF

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The immigrants should be rounded up and ferried back across the channel, and there should be no exceptions. Only by taking such drastic action will the boats stop. This country is far too weak, lily-livered and indecisive for its own good. If we continue to do nothing then nothing will change.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Language then.

In the case of Syrian refugees it's unlikely. Unless well educated. you'd have thought most 'well educated' would have been in a position to travel in more comfort. . . . I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it, I just don't know the real reason, but don't believe its language or friends/relatives . . . . either they're being lied to, trafficed or don't really know where they're going/what they're doing . . . . lets face it, if you were in that situation and position you wouldn't necessarily be thinking that logically.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Woke apologist at best on this thread , the sooner we send the parasites back the better the INVASION has to stop !
Regards
DF

We've had immigrants landing on our beaches for 1000s of years.

What we've also had for 100s of years is a rule of law.

Arriving on our shores they should be subject to our rule of law, as simple as that. They should be sent back if the law states that should happen. If they law states they should stay, then they should stay.

Unless you don't believe in the rule of law?

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The immigrants should be rounded up and ferried back across the channel, and there should be no exceptions. Only by taking such drastic action will the boats stop. This country is far too weak, lily-livered and indecisive for its own good. If we continue to do nothing then nothing will change.

You and the fairy princess should hook up - you'd make a lovely couple. :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure. I can make a couple of suggestions. First of all, if they learn a European language, it will almost be English so they can feel more at home here.

Secondly, we're just about the only European country that doesn't have ID cards that need to be carried at all times - that must be a benefit to people coming from outside. Related to this, our police are really highly regarded across the world: we may not appreciate this but I bet migrants do.

I can't answer for every migrant but our cricket team has just welcomed a young Afghan lad who's been granted leave to stay. Perhaps love of cricket could be a factor with some ....:smile:
My son had a young Afghan lad join his cricket team about 5 years ago when he was still at school. This lad had seen both his parents shot dead at point blank range by the Taliban and so decided to escape, embarking on a long journey hiding in lorries - on his own, aged 14 - to this country. He was picked up at Cobham Services on the M25, not being able to speak a word of English.

When you meet someone like that, putting his life back together after experiences you wouldn't want to see as an adult, never mind experience as a 14 year old kid, you really can't help but admire him and wish him every success in life. Given the choice between living next to someone like that, and a thick gammon prick like [MENTION=41927]TugWilson[/MENTION] happy to blame immigrants for his own failings, I'm pretty sure 95% of us would choose the Afghan lad all day long.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
simple solution, vote out incompetents

People decided to tolerate the Frank Spencer of politics under the delusion of Brexit

Although this is a long standing issue, it's now rife under the current government. While they have a massive majority and seem to not lose support why should they care? Fact is they don't

Vote for liars, suffer the consequences

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

So ignore international law, human rights, our own rule of law. Round up on an entire group of people with no exceptions. Where have I heard this rhetoric before? Oh yeah, a history lesson...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My son had a young Afghan lad join his cricket team about 5 years ago when he was still at school. This lad had seen both his parents shot dead at point blank range by the Taliban and so decided to escape, embarking on a long journey hiding in lorries - on his own, aged 14 - to this country. He was picked up at Cobham Services on the M25, not being able to speak a word of English.

When you meet someone like that, putting his life back together after experiences you wouldn't want to see as an adult, never mind experience as a 14 year old kid, you really can't help but admire him and wish him every success in life. Given the choice between living next to someone like that, and a thick gammon prick like [MENTION=41927]TugWilson[/MENTION] happy to blame immigrants for his own failings, I'm pretty sure 95% of us would choose the Afghan lad all day long.

My team would. Is he available Sunday ? I know it's a stereo-type, but we need a spinner !

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
So what's your solution oh wise one?

The solution? That implies there's a problem, and I just don't see it that way. All this talk of 'invasions' and such - it's laughable, although replete with sinister undertones.
Just gives the xenophobic something to get their teeth into, although I'm sure most of them are missing a few - think hillbillies.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

I'd chose to live next to the bin store at the back of a KFC over living next to the likes of [MENTION=41927]TugWilson[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] and the like!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So ignore international law, human rights, our own rule of law. Round up on an entire group of people with no exceptions. Where have I heard this rhetoric before? Oh yeah, a history lesson...

So what is your solution? Uncontrolled immigration with more and more people crossing the channel to live in a country that is already heavily over-populated, and unable to look after it's elderly and disabled people properly?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here