Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this what taking back control looks like?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It’s largely because they are traditionally treated better here than in countries like France, Germany and Italy.

You have to come to terms with that.

Its because they are being sold a false dream by the traffickers who are only in it for whatever money they can fleece out of them. I'm sure one they get here reality is a lot harsher plus the french/germans don't give a flying as they are now a UK problem

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

That's a picture. In isolation, without context, it proves nothing. On the other hand, here is a detailed study showing that myths peddled by people like you - that immigration increases crime levels, reduces the quality of the NHS and increases unemployment among skilled workers - are totally false.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migration-advisory-committee-mac-report-eea-migration

Read it. You might actually learn something.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's what happens when the migrant-spotter-in-chief abandons his duties in favour of a primetime job on GB News?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And also from your ' infomigrants' pages:

"Fears continue to grow for the health of hundreds of undocumented migrants in Belgium who have stepped up a hunger strike aimed at getting the authorities to let them stay. The migrants have been refusing to eat for two months"

Let them stay? In Belgium? Surely they want to swarm across to England for a free and easy life, with massive houses given to them by Jeremy Corbyn stealing money directly out of your bank account? ???

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
You're better than that. On first read I though you were being ironic, or were one of the parody accounts. Then I thought you were drunk, but it is surely a bit early for that? So....you appear to be serious. :eek:

That aside, I take it that you nevertheless accept my point, that Boris' promise to take back control was a hollow boast, and that Brexit has done nothing to gift the needy gammon, which sadly appears to include you, with a future free from illegal immigrants?

On parts of the Kent coast there are houses by the sea that proudly fly the George flag, their owners solidly anti EU and anti immigration. I wonder if they are beginning to feel cheated? ???

Also, I worry about a man who when show the word 'immigrant' immediately thinks 'rape'. You should get out a bit more, I suspect :shrug:
I cannot remember the name of the piece i saw on on a documentary so didn`t use it , but " anecdottaly " it stated the number of serious crimes especially sexual since the rise in illegal immigrants in the South East has risen drastically . It reported that for as many as are registered there are at least as many that aren`t , and so unless caught cannot be identified .

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
No , it says a lot about them , or do you believe they are all model citizens that we should be honoured to embrace . If you have the capacity to be genuinely honest with yourself , then ask yourself why you would drag your family across Europe and a channel crossing when you are already SAFE unless you have a monetary reason .

Some of us are human first, and then some of us are absolute twats.

I'm not saying which one you are Tug, but it starts with T and ends in WAT.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It`s not meant as an insult , but an honest question , it`s easy to feel sorry for a victim unless their a victim of their own making .

Is a victim of their own making someone who has been attacked by their own government, or bombed by Russian/US led forces?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Record 430 migrants cross English Channel in single day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57897601

"Under international law, people have the right to seek asylum in any country they arrive in. There's nothing to say they must seek asylum in the first safe country reached.

An EU law called Dublin III allows asylum seekers to be transferred back to the first member state they were proven to have entered.

However, the UK is no longer part of this arrangement as it has now left the European Union. "

Well done Boris and chums! Now you have taken back control, when are you going to get of your fat arses and actually be in control?

interesting the quote isn't on the linked page anymore. maybe it wasn't as simple as that, what with having to be registered where they entered to be accepted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I cannot remember the name of the piece i saw on on a documentary so didn`t use it , but " anecdottaly " it stated the number of serious crimes especially sexual since the rise in illegal immigrants in the South East has risen drastically . It reported that for as many as are registered there are at least as many that aren`t , and so unless caught cannot be identified .

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make. The thread is very specific - Boris promised to secure our borders and end illegal immigration, and promised that the way to achieve this was to leave the EU. We have left the EU and the amount of illegal immigration has increased. My contention therefore is that Boris is a liar and fraud.

And your first thought is rape?

I don't know what to say. I think you probably need to speak to someone and sort yourself out. An otherwise companionable and affable poster, too :shrug::nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
During a channel relay last year, I learnt a bit about migrant crossings. The Channel has a French Zone and an English Zone with a seperation zone in the middle. In theory, if a migrant boat is stopped in the English zone, it takes them back to Dover, and in the French Zone its back to Calais. We watched a French border patrol stop a migrant dinghy in French waters, bob about for 1/2 hour before letting the dighy on its merry way to blighty. In my admittedly piss poor sample of 1 it would appear that the French don't take this part of the bargain massively seriously.

It will be record numbers for migrants this week simply because these are perfect channel crossing conditions

There are also a lot of Jelly fish in the seperation zone and they hurt when they sting you.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Here we all are waiting for the proof of accuracy and truth...:whistle:

You don`t want proof or facts that don`t fit with your beliefs , if you did you would turn of that filter in your head that says all illegal immigrants are poor hard by lost souls . Then you would check the internet and find out for yourself , there is plenty to back both sides but you are only interested in one side so i will leave it up to you and whatever universe you are from , this is not going to end well so i will be leaving it there .

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
You don`t want proof or facts that don`t fit with your beliefs , if you did you would turn of that filter in your head that says all illegal immigrants are poor hard by lost souls . Then you would check the internet and find out for yourself , there is plenty to back both sides but you are only interested in one side so i will leave it up to you and whatever universe you are from , this is not going to end well so i will be leaving it there .

So no proof, accuracy or truth then...:lolol::dunce:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Why the desire to take the risk of crossing the Channel when you've already crossed so many safe countries? Is it because they have families here, better prospects, or a bit of both?

Many different reasons (surprisingly to many asylum seekers/refugees/immigrants are not a single homogenous mass but individual people with individual stories, individual circmstances and unique characters...you know, like actual 'people')

But my understanding is that language will play a part (we didn't colonize half the world and estabish english as the global lingua franca for nothing you know) and having contacts and communities already in the UK will be a primary factor in many cases.

Anyway, I am agnostic on Brexit.

But the bottom line for me is that people have ALWAYS moved around, for many different reasons, whether security reasons, economic reasons or just purely a desire to experience a different place and different culture.

On the whole this movement has been hugely and overwhelmingly beneficial to us all. And of course, as infrastructure and modern communications have improved, so it becomes easier for people to move and so the number of people moving increases. There is no reversing this, and we probably shouldn't want to.

But, of course, as well as the benefits it also causes problems. And worth saying that those problems are far far greater in many other countries, such as Lebanon, a country of just under 7 million people with over 850,000 registered refugees from Syria alone. Also worth saying that the majority of displaced people are still living within their countries - and consequently have far fewer rights than those that are able to seek refuge or opportunity elsewhere.

But NO government can stop the ongoing and increasing movement of people within and between countres. At least not without the kind of draconian measures that would horrify any decent person, whatever their political pursuasion.

So the task is to manage the movement of people better. Not to stop it.

And anyone (especially anyone seeking power) that tells you otherwise is a flat out liar. Or just very stupid.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here