Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this what taking back control looks like?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Record 430 migrants cross English Channel in single day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57897601

"Under international law, people have the right to seek asylum in any country they arrive in. There's nothing to say they must seek asylum in the first safe country reached.

An EU law called Dublin III allows asylum seekers to be transferred back to the first member state they were proven to have entered.

However, the UK is no longer part of this arrangement as it has now left the European Union. "

Well done Boris and chums! Now you have taken back control, when are you going to get of your fat arses and actually be in control?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
An EU law called Dublin III allows asylum seekers to be transferred back to the first member state they were proven to have entered.

However, the UK is no longer part of this arrangement as it has now left the European Union. "

Dear Alanis Morissette,

Now THAT is ironic.

Love, A1X

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which way were they going?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
"Taking back control" was only ever a platitude to appease the gullible and the kind of people who like to blame absolutely everything on immigration.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Do we know if any of those 430 people are safe and well? I couldn't imagine making that crossing and my first thought is for their welfare.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Imagine travelling many miles and crossing that channel to arrive in a country that largely doesnt want you and that wont give you any benefits or access to education, hospitals etc, having to doss down with family or a community and try to scrape a living, a life and imagine that being BETTER than what you have come from.

always looking over your shoulder and working in jobs where employers turn a blind eye to paperwork so no holidays, sick pay, promotions etc.

You think you have issues and a bit of a rough time and then you realise that you live in paradise compared to many many others and generally everything is rosy.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I still come across people who genuinely believe house prices are caused by immigrants. As if they land on the beach and think 'I know, I'll go and buy a 3-bed semi'. Others think the immigrants are offered a free house or a room in a 4 star hotel. Barking mad.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Record 430 migrants cross English Channel in single day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57897601

"Under international law, people have the right to seek asylum in any country they arrive in. There's nothing to say they must seek asylum in the first safe country reached.

However, the UK is no longer part of this arrangement as it has now left the European Union.
"

Well done Boris and chums! Now you have taken back control, when are you going to get of your fat arses and actually be in control?

That is delicious.

I want to smother those sentences in maple syrup and chocolate sauce and eat it for lunch every single day for the rest of my life.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why the desire to take the risk of crossing the Channel when you've already crossed so many safe countries? Is it because they have families here, better prospects, or a bit of both?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Do we know if any of those 430 people are safe and well? I couldn't imagine making that crossing and my first thought is for their welfare.

My first thought is how many are going to rape , steal and con their way through this country with impunity . Refugees are happy to be free in the first country they cross into , not spend , in some cases years working their way across Europe to illegally enter the UK and collect their winning lottery ticket which is the taxpayers hard earnt .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
#countingthecostofbrexit

Paging Priti....How is Ascenion Island going?

capture1.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My first thought is how many are going to rape , steal and con their way through this country with impunity . Refugees are happy to be free in the first country they cross into , not spend , in some cases years working their way across Europe to illegally enter the UK and collect their winning lottery ticket which is the taxpayers hard earnt .

What a load of ****ing bollocks.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Bless em all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here