Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will we have another lockdown ?

further lockdown ?

• No. Boris is a man of his word and we're free again.

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • Localised restrictions/lockdowns

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • National restrictions falling short of a lockdown

Votes: 105 30.7%
  • Yes, the Bullingdon Buffoon has screwed up again and we're in for another full national lockdown.

Votes: 142 41.5%

• Total voters

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
With the lifting of restrictions today and continuing increases in cases, hospitalisations and deaths, do you think there will be re-imposition of restrictions up to and including a full lockdown ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably.

Looking very possible that the NHS will be overwhelmed sometime in September.

As always, lockdown will be imposed too late and lifted too early.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Depends what you mean by "lockdown".

Will we have another lockdown as in March - June 2020 or January to March 2021? No. The only way that'll happen is if a new variant which escapes at least one vaccine entirely emerges (especially if it's AZ given that's the dominant one in the UK), something which is hugely unlikely (not impossible, but unlikely).

Will we see a reintroduction of the restrictions we've just lifted at some point? I'd say there's a strong likelihood during the winter to come.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think some form of lockdown will happen again this winter when it looks likely the NHS will not be able to cope again. I also feel a new variant will be around that corner that makes the vaccine null and void and we start back at square one.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be fair I don't think Boris ever said there won't be another one , what is astounding is that as numbers rise rapidly the doors are being opened wider to facilitate the spread. Yes deaths are at a lower level but hospitalisations are increasing at a rapid rate and so are the predictions regards long Covid.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Without a doubt there will be at the least some form of restrictions again, bumble**** has got it wrong repeatedly, coupled with his governments rank hypocrisy, we're at the point now where the vast majority of people don't believe a word he says and will ignore what they're being told . . . coupled with the Great British common sense as soon as the sun comes out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Nobody, nobody knows what direction this virus will take next.

All the experts are guessing, who knows?

EDIT: Except the brains of NSC of course.

As has been said, if we don't try now, we never will.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
No, its clear now that we can't vaccinate our way out of this, and all you do with lockdowns is suppress it. Its now time to live with this virus as it will be here forever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There definitely will be, although it will be called something (anything) OTHER than a 'lockdown'.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No, its clear now that we can't vaccinate our way out of this, and all you do with lockdowns is suppress it. Its now time to live with this virus as it will be here forever.

This. But there will still be media hysteria over Covid that will drive the politicians to knee jerk react to the latest 'figures' and there are those in power that wont want to give up this amount of control they are exerting over the rest of us. Plus its very lucrative for billionaires.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
some restrictions will come back in, happening across europe. question is if having large surge of cross infection now in the summer while people are out and about will reduce future infection wave in the mid winter. it might even be the intention, there is modelling to support this.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lockdowns are now a feature of society that I expect will never leave us now that society expect to be protected from any threat of any kind. They will happen every year and the public will conform to it's loss of liberty.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Anti lockdown protestors, protesting… the end of the lockdown?

No I don’t get it either. Anyone know what this is about?

[tweet]1417077491081023501[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anti lockdown protestors, protesting… the end of the lockdown?

No I don’t get it either. Anyone know what this is about?

[tweet]1417077491081023501[/tweet]

Why aren't they at work? No excuse now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not a national lockdown. Local restrictions, yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here