Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Looking forward to removing north stand chat from Tapatalk"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"Combination of reasons. I believe if he was in a better team, surrounded with better coaching staff, he probably could've had a better premier league career. He just didn't get a decent chance at being in the starting lineup. Yes it's true that he got hurt a bunch, but he also did recover from his injuries and had ample time to get a chance to get back into the starting line up. Coaching staff didn't really give him a chance."

So he couldn't get in our starting line up, but if he'd have been in a better team, then he'd have done better.

Amazing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Likewise, had Dunk been in a better team he'd have 50 England caps by now.

Man with axe to grind conflates his desires with his expectations. Fancy that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The whole thing with player fans is just a little odd. They are never going to support the team/club unless their man is playing and doing well. It means they miss out on the whole point of being a football supporter.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t get the whole “following a player around from club to club as a fan” either.

I get the well wishing aspect, but a big part of football is surely supporting a team. Like the Tau SA fans, their whole obsession is with seeing their boy play. If he doesn’t they slate the club, the manager and even the fans in some cases.

Funny business, but in fairness nothing to do with AJ.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When the new version of NSC arrives with a better mobile interface, I also look forward to not having to put up with the tapatalk 'feature' which shows ignored posters drivel in the unread feed if they are the last post on a thread.

Also it will be great not seeing the Bear Pit threads appear on the tapatalk unread feed as well.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
In fairness if you read some of the other posts on that page they look very reasonable and balanced. Probably a bit more so than is often found on NSC.

A good post from Farzadfarhangni:
"Well, I am confused. Do we think Jahanbakhsh was not good enough for premier league, or do we think he was good enough and are blaming Potter and the club for all his misery? Can't have it both ways... I personally think he was almost good enough and had he not gotten hurt so much and had a bit more luck, like his shot gone in instead of hitting the post that first year, etc... He would have been able to establish himself as a regular starter there. Also, I have no ill will against Brighton, Potter or Hughton. They could have held his hand more and given him more chances but overall, I think he was treated like all other players there. Actually, I think in the long run, his experience there would toughen him up some..."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we should be the ones who are angry. £25m euros + wages pissed up the wall.

Iran can do one!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Used to read that forum quite a bit and they’re f*cking mental. I think the best way to sum them up is this simple fact; if Ali J does well back in Holland it’ll prove we were the problem, not him. If he doesn’t do well in Holland it’ll be our fault for ruining him.

I feel sorry for the handful of rational posters on there, because I couldn’t cope with some of the dribbling morons on that forum.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] weren't we supposed to be moving off Tapatalk? What's the deal with that. Sorry, OT I know.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Used to read that forum quite a bit and they’re f*cking mental. I think the best way to sum them up is this simple fact; if Ali J does well back in Holland it’ll prove we were the problem, not him. If he doesn’t do well in Holland it’ll be our fault for ruining him.

I feel sorry for the handful of rational posters on there, because I couldn’t cope with some of the dribbling morons on that forum.

Quite. Perhaps we should have loaned him to Aberdeen - they'd have got in so well with the forum fans up there!

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I don’t get the whole “following a player around from club to club as a fan” either.

I get the well wishing aspect, but a big part of football is surely supporting a team. Like the Tau SA fans, their whole obsession is with seeing their boy play. If he doesn’t they slate the club, the manager and even the fans in some cases.

Funny business, but in fairness nothing to do with AJ.

I guess if you're in a country without much footballing history or a competitive league structure and a "national superstar" emerges it's more fun to follow the bright lights of success.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
They don't seem a bad bunch on there.
I'm glad to hear some of them think of Brighton as "not as classless as other clubs".
Also lots of clubs have hooligans but Brighton and Fulham are Mostly good fans with no hooligans.
They make some fair points about England at the euros too which is interesting to see how we are seen by other countries.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think by the time Potter got here, Ali had too much competition for a place, when we signed him we had a Manager that wanted him to be a defender. I think on of the major differences between Potter and Hughton is that Potter likes his full backs to be wingers, and Hughton likes his wingers to be full backs, at least in the PL he did.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I think by the time Potter got here, Ali had too much competition for a place, when we signed him we had a Manager that wanted him to be a defender. I think on of the major differences between Potter and Hughton is that Potter likes his full backs to be wingers, and Hughton likes his wingers to be full backs, at least in the PL he did.

Yes I do think if potter was in charge when alireza first appeared at the club then we would have seen a much better player than we did under Hughton.
But even in that scenario I'm not sure alireza is the type of player potter wants but I'm sure at the level we were at at the time potter would have got more out of him.
Unfortunately we are now at the stage where potter wants and needs the type of players he wants to be successful and push us on to the next level so it's time for alireza to move on.
Unfortunate for the player that he wasn't used properly when we were at a level where he could have done well but now he is being accepted we are playing at a level where the manager needs something more.
I do feel he is a player we never got to see the best of though and I'm sure will do well at his next club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here