Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour (Free Dumb Day Edition)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Stolen from Twitter, I expect this one will be doing the rounds.

Prime Minister Johnson visited a village in Cornwall and asked the inhabitants what the government could do for them.

"We have two big needs" said the village spokesperson. "First we have a health centre but no doctor"

Johnson whipped out his mobile phone spoke for a while and then said "I have sorted it out. A doctor will arrive here tomorrow. What is your other need?"

"We have no mobile phone reception anywhere in our village"

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
What’s the difference between Margaret Thatcher and Boris Johnson?

One starved miners and one starved minors

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Completely unbelievable.

That’s three relatively straightforward sentences there.

No way would BJ be able to do that, without several minutes of “piffle paffle wiffle spaffle piccinannie gadzooks waffle wiffle paffle”, and at least three irrelevant Latin proverbs.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Prime Minister Johnson visited a village in Cornwall and asked the inhabitants what the government could do for them.

"We have two big needs" said the village spokesperson. "First we have a health centre but no doctor"

Johnson whipped out his mobile phone spoke for a while and then said "I have sorted it out. A doctor will arrive here tomorrow. What is your other need?"

Boris Johnson gets a hard time but then he goes and does something like this that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Makes a welcome change to read a Good News story :smile:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It was probably a satellite phone and thus didn't need a standard mobile phone signal.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Well? Go on then. Did he sort the mobile reception out too? Can't just leave us hanging like this.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The OP doesn’t say which constituency this town is in but it sounds like the community have been poorly served by their MP.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
good joke.

the punchline is the locals protested against a mast being put up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

That makes no sense. Boris has access to a pilot for mobile reception.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here