Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Ping! Bollocks - I need to self-isolate...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
....but NOT if you're Boris (or Rishi). Luckily they are part of a "pilot scheme" to protect them from such inconveniences. Makes you proud (yet again) to have such fine leaders at this time of crisis.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My daughter is 6 days into self-isolation because another schoolkid tested positive. She has tested negative throughout. She will be at home on her own on ' Freedom Day', doing whatever school work she is gjven by those teachers that remember to assign online work to those absent from class.

Boris's double standards, "one rule of us, one for them" takes your breath away for it's staggering hypocrisy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not me personally (yet) - but there are 1.6m people currently self-isolating after being pinged. I'm sure they will all be relieved to know that the same rules don't quite apply to the PM.

Oh so you’re having a rant[emoji106]

The app ping is advisory only not a legal requirement.

54218db9b6ae3e998038f980dadf06b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Same as Michael Gove after he got pinged on returning from the ECL final in Portugal. Fortuitously for him, he was part of the same pilot programme.

Must get round to re-reading ‘Animal Farm’ one of these days…

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Couple of minor points ... they WILL be self isolating apart from essential government business and the pilot scheme already covers numerous public/private sector organisations.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

A rant? These people are supposed to be setting the example. They keep telling us contradictory things and you can guarantee they’re about to cause an utter disaster with their latest gormless plan. I get that you may be a Conservative supporter (as I have been in the past), but when you see such ineptitude running the country, surely you call it out?

I’m starting to think we are victims of state capture, with the express intent of damaging our economy and population permanently. In a way at least that would be understandable, rather than the fact they are all just posh idiots.

Either way Chicken Run, you support the baddies.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Yes!! Definitely having a rant! If the Government advises you to self-isolate, you SHOULD self-isolate. Even more so (with bells on) if you are the leader of that Government. ESPECIALLY at a point in time when the number of infections and hospitalisations is rising so quickly. I could go on (and on), but I'm getting to the point where I simply can't be arsed to waste my time riling against people (mainly Tory politicians) who obviously have zero regard for the health of the nation. It is unbelievably depressing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well now we have this pilot programme, maybe the NHS, Asos, Nissan and Rolls Royce can get their employees on it

Pinging hell: NHS Covid app causing widespread staff shortages

Industry leaders are demanding the government tackle widespread staff shortages caused by workers self-isolating en masse after being “pinged” by NHS test and trace. Online fashion retailer Asos joined carmakers Nissan and Rolls-Royce on a fast-growing roster of businesses wrestling with disruption caused by absent staff on Thursday.

But parts of the economy are at risk of shutting down long before then, industry leaders have warned, amid predictions that rising case numbers could force more than 1 million people to stay at home. The problem is particularly acute in retail, hospitality and manufacturing, where only a limited number of employees can work from home, leading to significant disruption or, in some cases, site closures.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/pinging-hell-nhs-covid-app-causing-widespread-staff-shortages/ar-AAMcAqG?ocid=mailsignout

I wonder how they apply if they're not personal friends or business acquaintances of the Prime Minister ???

Last edited:

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Couple of minor points ... they WILL be self isolating apart from essential government business and the pilot scheme already covers numerous public/private sector organisations.

Minor point..... let's be honest, they are not confirming to anyone's definition of 'self isolating' if they are meeting others whilst in Downing Street. It's not possible to partially self isolate.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

54218db9b6ae3e998038f980dadf06b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And yet my ‘ping’ is sufficient enough to possibly prevent me from witnessing the birth of my son so forgive me if I don’t jump for joy about this loophole.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Same as Michael Gove after he got pinged on returning from the ECL final in Portugal. Fortuitously for him, he was part of the same pilot programme.

Must get round to re-reading ‘Animal Farm’ one of these days…

TL:DR

2 Legs bad, 4 legs good. Some people have detachable legs so they can move into which ever group they want. Boxer is anyone who doesn't donate to certain people - which is fine as everyone needs glue.

Come to think of it, that us what Boris reminds me of. A pig working out how to stand on his back legs only.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Stop spoiling the grizzling masses by introducing facts.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Can we take a reality test please. The Prime Minister and Cabinet are running the country, trying to keep us all as safe as possible in impossible circumstances.

Is it not right that they use any mechanism at their disposal to stay doing that job properly. Unless of course you vote Labour when it becomes another opportunity to undermine the situation.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

More fuel to the Animal Farm analogy. Changing the definition of the world Self is a bold move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here