Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undisclosed transfer fees

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I hate all the undisclosed fees
We as a club seem to continually have transfers in and out like this.
Just wished we were transparent and we knew who’s being sold for what and how much we’re paying
Really frustrating

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Just wished we were transparent and we knew who’s being sold for what and how much we’re paying
Really frustrating
But then it allows other clubs to know how much money we actually have, driving prices up.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Really frustrating

Why is it frustrating?

Tony whole business dealings is undisclosed to joe public, his wealth, his business interests apart from betting and some idea of property.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think it matters. They are too often used as ammo against the club/player anyway.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
TB's views on privacy with regards to financial information has, I believe, been of great benefit to BHA. Why change it :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But then it allows other clubs to know how much money we actually have, driving prices up.
Other clubs will have a pretty good idea anyway, and drive prices up according to what they assume/guess we've got. It is frustrating to us fans though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
About 90% of all transfers got undisclosed fees. Its far from just Brighton. The exception is usually when one of the involved clubs have to reveal the fee, very rarely it is because they want to.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Really frustrating

...and this is yet another reason why I love NSC. Now and again / regularly an opinion or view will pop up that would never have entered my head - ever.

It rarely makes me think 'ooh, I agree with that', but it is facinating to be so regularly reminded that there are so many different views on the same situation.

Of course, those views are just plain wrong if they don't fit with my perceptions / prejudices :) :lolol::wrong::tantrum::whistle::whistle::whistle:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Really frustrating

You are Michael Paine and are a nosey neighbour and I claim my reward!!1

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We have a professional poker players as a chairman, so its hardly surprising. Not exactly smart to show everyone your hand.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really frustrating

Why do you need to know ? I couldn’t care less about transfer fee levels. It only really matters to the accountants and the directors.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Why do any clubs announce prices if they don't have to?

But I would have thought the figures would be available in the accounts in the end? If not, it would be liable for corruption, surely...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As fans, it's interesting to know what we pay/receive for play transfers.

From a business perspective it makes little sense. Why disclose finances that may affect our future transfer negotiations when we don't have to?

Additionally - if fans know that we lose money on certain transfers, they may lose confidence in our transfer policy, which isn't helpful either.

Particularly when cutting losses on a player eg Ali J. 100 % the right thing to do so no need for the club to put up with all the hindsight experts telling them they shouldn’t have bought him in the first place.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why do any clubs announce prices if they don't have to?

But I would have thought the figures would be available in the accounts in the end? If not, it would be liable for corruption, surely...

All you’ll see there is a total though, not a player by player breakdown………

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why is it frustrating?

Tony whole business dealings is undisclosed to joe public, his wealth, his business interests apart from betting and some idea of property.

People get frustrated nowadays. They expect and think they deserve accurate information immediately, and get frustrated when it's not forthcoming. It's the way of our current world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here