Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Enjoyed that , thanks for posting.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Thanks for sharing.
As you say, nothing new for those of us that follow the running of the club we support, but a great little summary to send to friends who support other clubs who think it's just good fortune that we've suddenly arrived where we are.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Nothing new in here but may be of interest……..

https://youtu.be/ukzKiwuqdLU

Driving me nuts! What is that word in opening dialogue,played over 20x and cannot work out what the host is saying.

"This is the world's largest football (wtf is this word) with a reported.......

Sounds like planner, panner......it's obvs neither.

Thanks for uploading...... driving me nuts word excluded

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Driving me nuts! What is that word in opening dialogue,played over 20x and cannot work out what the host is saying.

Punter I assume

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Tony’s individual wealth is one (unknown) thing. What about the buy in required and therefore the combined wealth of his private betting syndicate?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks for sharing.
As you say, nothing new for those of us that follow the running of the club we support, but a great little summary to send to friends who support other clubs who think it's just good fortune that we've suddenly arrived where we are.

Should be mandatory viewing for a host of Palace, Leeds and now Arsenal fans.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

World's largest football punter.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Great presenter. Where does he pluck £1.3 billion from? I think that is pure speculation.

It will come from the Sunday Times Rich List research which states Bloom's wealth at £1.3bn. However, by their own admission, they state that some people's wealth is more difficult to assess than others. It's my understanding that Bloom has his Lizard consultancy business, property interests and Private Equity interests. Private Equity is difficult to assess in terms of value at any one time. Who would like to venture a guess at the worth of his shares in BHA?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It will come from the Sunday Times Rich List research which states Bloom's wealth at £1.3bn. However, by their own admission, they state that some people's wealth is more difficult to assess than others. It's my understanding that Bloom has his Lizard consultancy business, property interests and Private Equity interests. Private Equity is difficult to assess in terms of value at any one time. Who would like to venture a guess at the worth of his shares in BHA?

The majority of people of the Sunday Times Rich List are those that want to be on there. IIRC, they eventually added TB after he had spent something like £150M on the Albion and still wasn't on there :wink:

My guess would be that TB himself would be hard pushed to give a figure more accurate than +- 20%

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My guess would be that TB himself would be hard pushed to give a figure more accurate than +- 20%

Zowie cavey! we couldn't hold a more differing opinion.

My guess would be that TB himself would be hard pushed to give a figure more accurate than +- 0.000000001%

Mr Bloom isn't like 'us'.
Mr Bloom's numbers brain doesn't work like ours.

giphy.gif

His answer isn't 'potato'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Zowie cavey! we couldn't hold a more differing opinion.

My guess would be that TB himself would be hard pushed to give a figure more accurate than +- 0.000000001%

Mr Bloom isn't like 'us'.
Mr Bloom's numbers brain doesn't work like ours.

View attachment 138751

His answer isn't 'potato'.

But with a diverse portfolio of investments across the world which will be valued in completely different ways on completely differing time periods (and some not actually defining valuation at all until disposal).

Now I know Tony is good, but :wink:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The majority of people of the Sunday Times Rich List are those that want to be on there. IIRC, they eventually added TB after he had spent something like £150M on the Albion and still wasn't on there :wink:

I agree. Very difficult to accurately assess certain values. Apart from Ben White of course, who is £50m, take it or leave it.....and they took it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here