Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage joins GB News

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The worrying thing is, compared with the REALLY very early days (launch week), viewer numbers are WAY down on what they were :shrug:

When he starts he will effectively be " Self Isolating" when it comes to viewers.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Good for Nige!!!

If it keeps the frog faced tw@ off the BBC every 5 minutes, I’m all for it. Keep all the swivel eyed loonies in one place.

He'll now be in an echo chamber preaching to his core audience of angry middle aged men with red faces and exploding heads plus other assorted misfits, rather than alternating between BBC, Sky, Radio 4 and wherever else. If GBeebies keeps the grifting toad out the mainstream, then not a bad thing.

D

Deleted member 2719

The worrying thing is, compared with the REALLY very early days (launch week), viewer numbers are WAY down on what they were :shrug:
I am more worried that half this board seem to follow the figures. SCARY.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

You appear to hold a minority view...
On here? Always,
In life, sometimes. By design sometimes. By different thinking, most of the time.
Do I care? Only on the 30th of February.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I am more worried that half this board seem to follow the figures. SCARY.

Following the figures is a bit of a stretch.

I saw a story about it the other week where (as I predicted) the peaks created by initial interest from all sides had subsided a bit and then a tweet this morning saying numbers were down, week-on-week, by 13% :shrug:

Not sure why you'd be worried about that or why it's scary, but there you go...

D

Deleted member 2719

He will. But it's still a niche interest channel. I'm not sure why there was so much fanfare. It's like an environmentalist being given a green channel. Albeit more toxic.

I'm not sure what they are hoping to achieve. An Albion channel wouldn't be watched by Palace fans. It's the same thing.

They should have Songs of Patriotism at six every Sunday :lolol:

I watched a little bit of it at the start and felt it was a lot softer than I had expected. It seems that has upset a few people. It was clear to me that the presenters who were on the broadcasts I saw could feel they weren't solving much or that they were just having a anti 'woke' love in. A bit like when a crowd turn up at a football game hoping for bovver and find out there is no firm to have a face off with.

It's odd really how so much of WOKE UK, don't like to highlight their patriotism, until an activist drives a European off the track at 180mph, to what could have been a life-changing for both parties. The flags come out waving, like the last night at the proms.

Just because I fly the UK flag it doesn't mean I would like to see our European friends harm, that's were there is a big misconception with me.

I just feel that GMB and BBC were embarrassingly left.

I have watched it every breakfast since launch, it's improving all the time, IMO.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's odd really how so much of GAMMON UK, like to highlight their patriotism, until a black British man drives his way to seven (7) world championships and a knighthood. The bigots come out moaning, like the night of the living dead.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's odd really how so much of WOKE UK, don't like to highlight their patriotism, until an activist drives a European off the track at 180mph, to what could have been a life-changing for both parties. The flags come out waving, like the last night at the proms.

Just because I fly the UK flag it doesn't mean I would like to see our European friends harm, that's were there is a big misconception with me.

I have watched it every breakfast since launch, it's improving all the time, IMO.

This is becoming a little circular.

Some people just aren't bothered about patriotism. They're happy to be English, but they may hide it a little because of, well, some who are quite brazen with it in a slightly embarrassing way.

You say you find the BBC embarrassingly left. Take a look at the origins of its leadership... The right say the BBC is left, the left say it is right. That means it's probably neither in reality, or a little of both. It just doesn't give those strong with political biases what they want.

I'm glad you enjoy GBeebies. It was made for those who want a right wing slant. Others will enjoy The Guardian with their vege smoothy.

I can't see the point of the new channel really other than to firm the existing views of its followers. They do seem to attempt to have impartial debate but it looks very uncomfortable in its production. Personally I think it would be better for them to go full gammon.

Either way, the station will have very little impact on public thinking beyond what is already there. The right wing answer to The Canary. And I don't read The Canary as I don't want to end up in a left wing rabbit hole, same with GBeebies.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
George Orwell, in his influential essay Notes on Nationalism distinguished patriotism from the related concept of nationalism

By 'patriotism' I mean devotion to a particular place and a particular way of life, which one believes to be the best in the world but has no wish to force upon other people. Patriotism is of its nature defensive, both militarily and culturally. Nationalism, on the other hand, is inseparable from the desire for power.

and on NSC we get really silly posts about 'highlighting patriotism' when really it's about the poster trying to exert psychological power over people who do not share right wing, farage-type politics.

In other words it's nationalism!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Silly sausage

D

Deleted member 2719

It's odd really how so much of GAMMON UK, like to highlight their patriotism, until a black British man drives his way to seven (7) world championships and a knighthood. The bigots come out moaning, like the night of the living dead.

This is an issue, wokes only appear to see skin colour, I see a man who is not a nice human being, in and out of his sport. Who is an activist and wants to use his platform to cause a divide.

Not many take the knee now at F1, they know there is no impact but divide in doing so, why carry it on??? They need to rebrand the way they deal with racism, but twots like Lewis would prefer to be...look at me. I have so much wonga, I might just sue a watch company called Hamilton, his lack of respect for them was the same he showed to Maxs in copse corner, nearly renamed corpse corner. Every teammate he has ever had has wanted to deck him.
But why I hear you ask................it's because he is up his own arse.

Anyway back on topic, are you enjoying a bit of Nige and co???

Tom Harwood seems a lovely lad with his head screwed on, don't ya think???

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Right wing zealots always attack or celebrate a person's character rather than formulating an argument to back up their claims - it's just what they do...and some of the more vacuous comments even include unsupported claims to know what is in someone else's mind!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This is an issue, wokes only appear to see skin colour, I see a man who is not a nice human being, in and out of his sport. Who is an activist and wants to use his platform to cause a divide.

Not many take the knee now at F1, they know there is no impact but divide in doing so, why carry it on??? They need to rebrand the way they deal with racism, but twots like Lewis would prefer to be...look at me. I have so much wonga, I might just sue a watch company called Hamilton, his lack of respect for them was the same he showed to Maxs in copse corner, nearly renamed corpse corner. Every teammate he has ever had has wanted to deck him.
But why I hear you ask................it's because he is up his own arse.

Ah, I get it now. It's not just that he's black, he's an UPPITY black.

Anyway back on topic, are you enjoying a bit of Nige and co???

Tom Harwood seems a lovely lad with his head screwed on, don't ya think???
Who is that? Should I have heard of him?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Congratulations [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], it's by far your best to date, but it's really time to come clean :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is becoming a little circular.

Some people just aren't bothered about patriotism. They're happy to be English, but they may hide it a little because of, well, some who are quite brazen with it in a slightly embarrassing way.

You say you find the BBC embarrassingly left. Take a look at the origins of its leadership... The right say the BBC is left, the left say it is right. That means it's probably neither in reality, or a little of both. It just doesn't give those strong with political biases what they want.

I'm glad you enjoy GBeebies. It was made for those who want a right wing slant. Others will enjoy The Guardian with their vege smoothy.

I can't see the point of the new channel really other than to firm the existing views of its followers. They do seem to attempt to have impartial debate but it looks very uncomfortable in its production. Personally I think it would be better for them to go full gammon.

Either way, the station will have very little impact on public thinking beyond what is already there. The right wing answer to The Canary. And I don't read The Canary as I don't want to end up in a left wing rabbit hole, same with GBeebies.

I salute your indefatigability

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right wing zealots always attack or celebrate a person's character rather than formulating an argument to back up their claims - it's just what they do...and some of the more vacuous comments even include unsupported claims to know what is in someone else's mind!

Careful.

This is a football chat site where people just do a stream of consciousness thing on their Nokias while queueing for a Big Mac. It isn't a place for philosophy, pedantry and the digging out of Trained ****wits.

So I was told yesterday. Although not as eloquently as I may put it myself :lolol: :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here