Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage joins GB News

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No idea, you would need to ask one of the many people who seem to be monitoring it 24/7 on the GB news Bear Pit thread.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

[emoji23] I’ve never even watched it but it seems, apart from The Pinky the only people obsessing about it are the ones who clearly weren’t going to be supportive of it in the first place [emoji2357]

Edit, I’ve just realised that by posting the above I’ve now baited your landlord to trawl the archives of NSC hunting evidence that I may have posted to the contrary, I hope it doesn’t ruin his Sunday lunch on his deck in Westdene [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It desperately needs Farage. Just turned on to see what all the fuss is about and they have spent the last 5 mins talking about the sun and protection. Interesting insightful snippets like some kids like putting on sun screen, others don’t. And great interaction with the audience like the presenter asking the viewers to get in contact on whether they wear a hat or not, what number of screen block do they use. Gripping stuff, perfect for their target audience

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't they simply reduce costs and just broadcast 24 hour webcam footage of the channel ?

Then Farage could do exactly what it says on his tin and analyse the footage.

D

Deleted member 2719

Some topless darts should save it.

Kirsty Gallagher.:love:

Well, given that several GB News shows have literally no-one switching on - like zero viewers, according to Ofcom - the bar is pretty low.

My favourite GB News story so far was the bit when they did a ‘cute and amusing animal pictures’ segment. Due to a technical issue, the pictures didn’t appear on screen. So the presenter was left trying to DESCRIBE them to viewers…

Very early days yet, nige will boost the figures.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's pretty irrelevant who joins it. GBeebies is just another channel in a plethora of niche interest media. They'll be Tick Tock impressionists with more viewers.

Let them get on with it. It would take quite something to get anywhere near the Beeb. The BBC is still the second most popular news site on the planet- only just behind CNN.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

He will. But it's still a niche interest channel. I'm not sure why there was so much fanfare. It's like an environmentalist being given a green channel. Albeit more toxic.

I'm not sure what they are hoping to achieve. An Albion channel wouldn't be watched by Palace fans. It's the same thing.

They should have Songs of Patriotism at six every Sunday :lolol:

I watched a little bit of it at the start and felt it was a lot softer than I had expected. It seems that has upset a few people. It was clear to me that the presenters who were on the broadcasts I saw could feel they weren't solving much or that they were just having a anti 'woke' love in. A bit like when a crowd turn up at a football game hoping for bovver and find out there is no firm to have a face off with.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right wing populism. Unpopular. How ironic. :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good for Nige!!!

If it keeps the frog faced tw@ off the BBC every 5 minutes, I’m all for it. Keep all the swivel eyed loonies in one place.

But that nice Mr Trump in the USA reckons he’s the King of Europe……… oh!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought that Guto Harri had condemned the whole thing to imminent failure by insulting the viewers with gesture politics leading to ‘zero ratings’ for some shows.

I see that Piers Morgan is in talks to sign up too. I wonder how long they can limp on for? What a mess.

Having been suspended, Guto Harri has now resigned with a damning letter saying the whole thing is a farce and a million miles from where it was intending to be.

He says he discussed with his producer and everyone else the taking of the knee……. And then got clobbered for doing something that was agreed!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In other news, the sky is blue.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

The worrying thing is, compared with the REALLY very early days (launch week), viewer numbers are WAY down on what they were :shrug:

SAC

May 21, 2014
Farage will be starting on a channel with few viewers, it's perfect for him. GBN will then be able to say that he increased the viewers by 1000% without spelling out that it was increasing from 5000 to 55000 viewers.

they are welcome to him, so long as it keeps him off terrestrial TV.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
and here we go....

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 12.07.42.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here