Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] For Those Of You Who Know Hove Pubs

el punal

Hello chaps, and girls! In order to get back into the groove of attending Albion matches there is a distinct probability that myself and soul mates will be doing a pub crawl-ish from Hove Station down to the Better Half (Hove Place) in the next couple of weeks. What I’m after is a list of decent boozers en route to visit on our wayward journey. Your recommendations please. Cheers! :drink:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I reckon the following lineup would have something for everyone …

The Watchmakers Arms > The Exchange > The Stirling Arms > The Urchin > The Better Half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

The Watchmakers Arms > The Exchange > The Stirling Arms > The Urchin > The Better Half.

Blimey is the Stirling Arms now considered a groovy place? I was born in the next street along and it was always considered an old mans pub and half a pint of bitter. That was nearly 65 years ago so I suppose it could have changed a bit since then of course :shrug:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Blimey is the Stirling Arms now considered a groovy place? I was born in the next street along and it was always considered an old mans pub and half a pint of bitter. That was nearly 65 years ago so I suppose it could have changed a bit since then of course :shrug:

It’s been through a couple of iterations since then I imagine. Although I did drink in there for a bit in the mid 90’s and recall there was a shopping trolley permanently placed in the corner under the dart board. More recently it became The Foragers, a ‘gastropub’. The current owners have returned to old name and have a pretty good record for running successful pubs although I’m not sure if groovy is the right word [emoji3]

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Agreed apart from the Urchin. Too pretentious for a bunch of lads

theboybilly

Ah, bought my first pub pint in there aged 14. It was small, dark and gloomy in there. Hope it’s improved over the decades.

I think that that's the Neptune's selling point great little pub even when there's no entertainment.
Re: the Watchmakers Arms - that's my post-match watering hole. Its a lovely micropub with a good Albion contingent in most matchdays. The beers are always kept well. Run by very decent people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here