Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jens Cajuste

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Nope, this isn't someone we've been linked to, just wanted to throw a name out there that I haven't seen mentioned yet, Swedish DM Jens Cajuste.

He's a 21-year old currently playing for Danish side FC Midtjylland (where he's also used as a CM at times). He was part of Swedens European Championship squad (even though that adventure ended with just 6 minutes as a sub against Spain).

Yes, yes, people spoiled by watching the PL their entire lives might scoff at the Danish league, but he's considered a proper talent by people far smarter than me and way too good for mucking about in Scandinavia.

It's quite interesting that a player he's quite often compared to is... drum roll... Brighton's Yves Bissouma. An aggressive ball winner who also has a knack for never losing the ball in midfield and is more than happy to contribute to the build-up play.

The price tag might be a bit high for the typical Brighton punt, though. A bid of 10 million euros from Rennes was just turned down. He was missing from Midjylland's league game this week, among reported interest from an un-named Premier League club.

We're well stacked in midfield, I know, and this is a bit of a long shot. But I'll look like such a genius on the off-chance that this would pan out.

[yt]kqnC89PdXxc[/yt]

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
The unnamed PL club will be Brentford as Benham owns both teams ???

Ah, I didn't make that connection. Oh well, we can always snatch him up once Brentford return to the Championship next season ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here