Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would YOU take £50m for Ben White?

Would YOU take £50m for Ben White?

• Yep - I'll drive him to Arsenal myself

Votes: 250 85.9%
  • Nah - he's going nowhere on my watch

Votes: 41 14.1%

• Total voters

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yes, he wants to go, we'll have made a straight £50m from the sale as he cost us nothing, we can reinvest some of the money in other players that have a good re-sale value. However, the biggest win is that we are seen as a club for young talented players to come to , to progress their careers and then we won't stand in their way if they move on in their careers, so long as the buying club meets our valuation. It needed to be done. Plus now, Arsenal don't have the spare money to buy Bissouma, and Dunk and Webster will think WTF, we are better than him, and we'll prove it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes.

Assuming we invest in quality for that part of the first 11.

Our PL safety was only secured with a handful of games to go. White and Bissouma were vital to our survival. No one should take their loss with a glib “our current squad will offer ready made replacements”.

The last thing the club and fans want is a 5th consecutive relegation battle.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes I would, but only if we invest in an unproven £20 - 30 mllion striker [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Neither. Would take he £50M with a heavy heart, but drive him there myself? No, fvck that!

If a late call for a chat with Klopp, Pep, Tommy T. or OGS came in, I'd volunteer - but frankly I doubt if White will ever again consider travelling in a Hyundai I10 ..... .........

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yup.

Along with the other recent departures, we've just freed up around £200k a week in wages and could now have £50m in the transfer kitty to buy a proper striker.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes - as long as we spend wisely for the long term. I don't want us to blow half of it on another striker from god knows where with 25 million Tw@tter followers crawling all over t'internet telling we must play him because he is the Lion of the Netherlands or whatever and is the best thing since sliced bread. Or Messi .........

.................. and it's a fvcking big no if he wants to bring his own decks and speakers too ....................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

An astounding profit on a player who cost relatively little and it may help us sign a striker and keep Bissouma.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes. It does several things

1. Money in the kitty for either a purchase or for TB to get a few quid back (or not so heavily subsidise in the future).

2. Sets the benchmark to future yoof signings for us to show that we have a structure in where players excel and move onto bigger clubs (and Arsenal are bigger)

3. Shows current Academy players that it is possible to get into the senior England squad and move on up from the first team if you follow our route.

theboybilly

Yes.

An astounding profit on a player who cost relatively little and it may help us sign a striker and keep Bissouma.

It's the keeping Yves Bissouma bit that makes things less hard in this transfer for me. I want Ben to stay and be part of something really promising but I suppose there has to be a 'con' to go with the many 'pros'.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yes. It does several things

1. Money in the kitty for either a purchase or for TB to get a few quid back (or not so heavily subsidise in the future).

2. Sets the benchmark to future yoof signings for us to show that we have a structure in where players excel and move onto bigger clubs (and Arsenal are bigger)

3. Shows current Academy players that it is possible to get into the senior England squad and move on up from the first team if you follow our route.

[emoji106] to all this.

To answer the question:
I’d personally hold out for around £60m. But 50 is the minimum, and I suspect there’s probably some kick backs to push that figure higher if certain conditions are met. Obviously we don’t know and won’t know. But we held all the cards and we know how good Tony is in that situation.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Great bit of business! I’m happy with our defensive options and can hopefully reinvest this in other areas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here