Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BJ 'Levelling Up' Speech - A Masterclass In Gibberish

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It would normally get moved to the bearpit within seconds if it had been started up by some posters and others that didn't want to see it would be none the wiser.

NSC needs levelling up.

Thank god Boris is levelling up.

Factually correct ... there is an admitted left of centre bias on the moderating team and the few dissenting mods have been locked in a cupboard/steer well clear of getting involved for entirely understandable reasons.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It was fairly light condemnation, wasn't it?

By saying "I think it's wrong", he left room for the idea that others might think it's right. This was at a time that his colleagues were saying it was fans' legitimate choice to boo.

Nope, you misquoted the PM, he said "It's totally wrong". Starmer was at best making a misleading statement or considering he is meant to be a details man he might well have been lying to score a cheap party political point ..

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Nope, you misquoted the PM, he said "It's totally wrong". Starmer was at best making a misleading statement or considering he is meant to be a details man he might well have been lying to score a cheap party political point ..

He said "I think it's totally wrong to boo the English team". Is that really condemning the booers?

His response wasn't as bad as Patel or some of the other Conservative MPs but he could have been stronger.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He said "I think it's totally wrong to boo the English team". Is that really condemning the booers?

His response wasn't as bad as Patel or some of the other Conservative MPs but he could have been stronger.

You are right, he should have gone down on one knee while giving a raised fist salute, waving a BLM flag, wearing an I Luv Tyrone Mings T-shirt :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watch it live every week religiously. Starmers questions are constructed like you might expect from someone in the legal profession, but Boris is Teflon and Starmer is incapable of pinning him down.

I worked with someone who could, if caught with one hand in the till and another up someone's skirt, persuade you that he'd rescued both the fiscal and gynecological situations to the benefit of everyone. Boris is just the same.

The trouble is that Boris sounds like he has dealt well with Starmer even when he hasn't. And he never has. Boris leaves, stage right, with his party and fans all giggling and gushing at his victory, even when all he's done is say 'let's not talk this great country down, and if Labour were in charge it would be dither, hither and thither'. I fear that only his own boredom with life at number 10 will relieve us of his malignant presence.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do you regularly watch PMQs, or just the edited clips on the news?

Starmer wipes the floor with Johnson, week in, week out :shrug:

Here is the problem, Johnson knows the bit that will get aired is the bit he has had written for him, that he can trot out at the end, regardless of what question is actually asked. I wonder if it is possible for Starmer to just cut the last question on occasion and leave him without the window to spit his speech out.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
But in 2021, if Smith was pro-EU and Major was a Brexit cheerleader, it wouldn't matter how incompetent Major was (or how competent Smith was), the right wing media wouldn't even pretend to be even handed with their political coverage. Johnson is an appalling man and a terrible PM, yet he is barely scrutinised by anyone in the media.
The tide will turn when the polls do. Whilst the media love the Conservatives, they also will switch allegiance to make sure they maintain some influence/power.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I worked with someone who could, if caught with one hand in the till and another up someone's skirt, persuade you that he'd rescued both the fiscal and gynecological situations to the benefit of everyone. Boris is just the same.

The trouble is that Boris sounds like he has dealt well with Starmer even when he hasn't. And he never has. Boris leaves, stage right, with his party and fans all giggling and gushing at his victory, even when all he's done is say 'let's not talk this great country down, and if Labour were in charge it would be dither, hither and thither'. I fear that only his own boredom with life at number 10 will relieve us of his malignant presence.

I never said that Boris had dealt with Starmer, just that Starmer had never dealt a knockout blow on Boris. In fact he barely gets to lay even a glove on Boris.

The first one or two PMQs it looked like Starmer had the necessary ammunition to trouble Boris, but Boris soon worked out how to handle his questions and since then Starmer has been effectively toothless. Bit like a football manager working out how to deal with the opposition during a match.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Here is the problem, Johnson knows the bit that will get aired is the bit he has had written for him, that he can trot out at the end, regardless of what question is actually asked. I wonder if it is possible for Starmer to just cut the last question on occasion and leave him without the window to spit his speech out.
I think the Leader of The Opposition gets to ask 6 questions, it must be optional to use them all so Starmer could stop after the 5th question. It could be a magical experience, Johnsons's pre rehearsed answer then has to be used in reply to another question which has not link to it...or he has to save it for next week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Incredible hearing Johnson this morning spouting shite about levelling up / northern powerhouse 2.0, does anyone believe him? You'd think it was Labour that had been in charge for the last 11 years the way he speaks about what the Tories have created

8% GDP growth in 11 years, soaring national debt, crippling austerity, 9/10 of the poorest areas in northern Europe, what next?

Let's not talk this great country down. If Labour were in power we'd have shipped off all our vaccines to who knows where, and the bodies would be piling up.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think the Leader of The Opposition gets to ask 6 questions, it must be optional to use them all so Starmer could stop after the 5th question. It could be a magical experience, Johnsons's pre rehearsed answer then has to be used in reply to another question which has not link to it...or he has to save it for next week.

Starmer does that on occasions, in fact he did it on Wednesday.
Johnson just hit back with the same drivel as he would have done if the last question was the same topic as questions 1 to 5.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What's equally sad is that the leader of the opposition doesn't have the intelligence or whit to make any impression on Boris at PM Question Time. He gets walked over most of the time.

Every Wednesday at noon I am in the car and switch to Radio 5, and every Wednesday at 12.30 I abandon the station in despair.

The opening question this week, about the arrangements for freedom day, was from a Labour backbencher. It was of medium length and quite concise. Johnson's reply came in two parts. One part was an inaccurate non sequitur about EU membership and the other was a crowing reference to the fact that the slightly nervous backbencher called next Monday "January 19". The questions were ignored.

The Speaker, amiable cove that he is, really ought to develop some balls. The idea of PMQs is that the PM answers Qs. Johnson never does. He is a two-bit celebrity and while I don't blame people for being taken in by him in the past I can't help thinking that those that still support him are either one-eyed, uninterested or vacuous. I suppose we have all categories on this board.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Caught the first 2 news headlines in one ear, something along the lines that BJ not happy that Glaswegians die at 59 then not happy with a sugar tax that would motivate producers to reformulate food.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, but i was only asking how it is going because we are now such great buddies.
Nice weather for it too.

We are in fact, virtual blood brothers.

Anyway back on topic.

The towels need to be washed, NO conditioner, air-dried FAST, they will feel like wire wool to the touch and stimulate the skin while exfoliating and also bring arousal to all involved.

When will Labour wake up and kick Starmer up the arse and bring in some true opposition??? It looks like my prediction will be wrong, I never thought Labour would be so limp about it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here