Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BJ 'Levelling Up' Speech - A Masterclass In Gibberish

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Johnson has no plan and no ideas, other than a soundbite of levelling up (and/or Building Back Better).
However Johnson is so clueless he wants people to email him with ideas of their local area - I'm sure there will be a deluge of emails saying that the best thing he can do is resign.

According to Johnson the most important factor in levelling up is 'leadership' given he has failed to dis[;au any leadership skills that means levelling up is doomed to fail.

Catching soundbites - the yeast that lifts the whole mattress of dough, the magic sauce, the ketchup of catch up.

And to think people actually voted this racist clown into power.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not really - the polls were out in the 2015 general election (and they modified their polling since then) but that's the only time they've been wrong in the recent past - unless you call 1992 recent; they were slightly off then too.

But as nwgull says, generally polls are accurate - they wouldn't be in business long if they weren't

Exit polls are accurate, but who takes notice of weekly polls? It depends how the questions are skewed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I struggle to believe that a man who was prepared to " Let The Bodies Pile Up " could ever have any concern for the poor. Frankly, if his lips move, he's lying.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I watch it live every week religiously. Starmers questions are constructed like you might expect from someone in the legal profession, but Boris is Teflon and Starmer is incapable of pinning him down.

i suppse its difficult to pin down someone who ignores the question and just says "vaccine rollout!"

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Are there not other forums for political views? My understanding that this one was for Brighton and Hove Albion a football team?

the albion, everything in the known universe, and a bit more besides; that's the joy of it

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not a very good lawyer then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Except that in the courtroom the witness is obliged to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The opposite seems to apply in the House of Commons.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
i suppse its difficult to pin down someone who ignores the question and just says "vaccine rollout!"

Are you aware that Johnson actually invented the vaccine in a lab under number 10, tested it and then delivered it to the vaccination points.
He even gave up all his spare time to help out, unpaid, to make sure people were guided and safe.
What a man, he's got my vote.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are there not other forums for political views? My understanding that this one was for Brighton and Hove Albion a football team?

It would normally get moved to the bearpit within seconds if it had been started up by some posters and others that didn't want to see it would be none the wiser.

NSC needs levelling up.

Thank god Boris is levelling up.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Tory voter here, but I do agree that Johnson is thoroughly unfit to be PM of this country.
However, remember who he was up against at the GE. Many Labour supporters, let alone the floating voters, believed Corbyn was unfit to be PM.and that old ghoul McDonnell put the fear of God up many a moderate, meanwhile Abbott was just considered a laughing stock.
Not a high class field as they might say in racing terms.

It is a constant sauce of amusement/bewilderment why the 'how can you vote for Boris/the Tories' question keeps getting asked when I assume everyone asking it would have voted for or preferred Corbyn's Labour party to be in power .... so they should ALL understand what it is like to want to see an obviously incompetent Leader in Number 10, ALL understand how it is possible to overlook the obvious shortcomings of those around him, ALL understand what it's like voting for a party mired in claims about racism/antisemitism, ALL understand our motivations to choose who governs us is multi-faceted (most times we hold our noses and vote for what we think is the least bad option).

Starmer is an obvious improvement (but still lacking charisma and political nous) on his predecessor but shaking the long Corbyn contagion will take time and Labours (ex) Brexit voters may never forgive him for wanting to ignore their democratic voice.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It would normally get moved to the bearpit within seconds if it had been started up by some posters and others that didn't want to see it would be none the wiser.

NSC needs levelling up.

By 'some posters' you mean poor old hard done by, please don't be horrible, please don't ban me, I didn't mean it that way, I am actually a nice guy but misunderstood, resident idiot, Mouldy Boots.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Exit polls are accurate, but who takes notice of weekly polls? It depends how the questions are skewed.

they do publish the results and questions for many, so you can see for yourself. all manner of newspaper and institution commission polling, giving their brief.

D

Deleted member 2719

By 'some posters' you mean poor old hard done by, please don't be horrible, please don't ban me, I didn't mean it that way, I am actually a nice guy but misunderstood, resident idiot, Mouldy Boots.

Same old bully boy Chopper, if you need to talk about it, please pm me.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Not a huge difference I know but I think you mean the Guardian comments section [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What’s the Beano’s view on it, then?

Or the Dandy? Whichever is your comic of choice?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It would also help if the prosecutor could tell the truth ...

It was fairly light condemnation, wasn't it?

By saying "I think it's wrong", he left room for the idea that others might think it's right. This was at a time that his colleagues were saying it was fans' legitimate choice to boo.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

NSC needs levelling up.

Boris wouldn’t know how. There’s some expression about wild parties in places where they brew beer that springs to mind.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Incredible hearing Johnson this morning spouting shite about levelling up / northern powerhouse 2.0, does anyone believe him? You'd think it was Labour that had been in charge for the last 11 years the way he speaks about what the Tories have created

8% GDP growth in 11 years, soaring national debt, crippling austerity, 9/10 of the poorest areas in northern Europe, what next?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here