Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BJ 'Levelling Up' Speech - A Masterclass In Gibberish

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
What's equally sad is that the leader of the opposition doesn't have the intelligence or whit to make any impression on Boris at PM Question Time. He gets walked over most of the time.

Crikey what version of reality do you live in? Starmer is struggling in popularity but he’s pummelling Johnson every week at PMQs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can’t we just have a politics thread that all this tosh gets dumped in, as much as I like THPP ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don't we just change the rules so users don't have to open every thread even if they're not interested?

Apparently when you first set up an account on NSC, the mods make an assessment of attention span before deciding whether to send the new NSC user the 'Full rules of NSC' pdf that states unequivocally that not all threads have to be read in section 7 para 3.5 and the category and subject of the thread should be used to selectively browse :shrug:

I only found this out recently as I had just naturally assumed for the last 20 years that every new account was sent the full rules :wink:

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Every day I wake up baffled that millions of people could watch him for more than 20 seconds and think "Yes, that is the man I think we should have running our country. I am going to intentionally vote for him."
They either have loads of money, are selfish or thick. Potentially all three.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I really don't expect the Wonky Trolley to come up with or implement anything that will change the nation for the better. It's beyond him to sit down and actually plan or organise anything.

I don't suppose that really matters as seemingly it's Princess Nut Nut who makes most of the key policy decisions and personnel appointments.

:shootself

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What's equally sad is that the leader of the opposition doesn't have the intelligence or whit to make any impression on Boris at PM Question Time. He gets walked over most of the time.

Week in week out Starmer asks Johnson questions that he dare not answer with any truth, so he doesn't.
More often than not he fires back with a question and is scolded by Mr Speaker for doing so.
The front bench just sit there looking at Johnson and nodding.
Every so called answer is so far off the question with the same old boring soundbites that are also not true in the slightest.
Unfortunately he gets the last shout when he bombards Starmer with hopeless waffle.
It is a waste of time from the worst PM in my lifetime.
And yet so many can't see it and there are many Conservatives who, if you dug up Jimmy Saville and stuck a blue rosette on him, would still vote for him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know others have said as much but, I'm sorry, this is absolutely absurd. There are reasons why he isn't winning in the polls, but none of them are because he doesn't have the intelligence or whit to make any impression on the PM at PMQT.

As a state-educated man, he rose to be the Director of Public Prosecutions. You're telling us he isn't intelligent? It's just laughable. It also pretty much proves that he works hard and pays attention to detail to a degree that Johnson isn't remotely capable of. Johnson is totally unfit for the position he holds - he's bone idle, sloppy and immoral. He doesn't even take responsibility for the kids he's fathered. Tory voters should just think about that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Starmer is struggling in popularity but he’s pummelling Johnson every week at PMQs.

This is the interesting question. Why isn't Starmer's superiority in PMQ being reflected in his polling? I think back to Major and Smith which is also one-sided and at the time of this death, Smith was way ahead of Major in polling. Similarly, Cameron got the better of Brown regularly - which was reflected in his polling and the GE result. But Starmer's not getting a similar boost - but I don't know why.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Apparently when you first set up an account on NSC, the mods make an assessment of attention span before deciding whether to send the new NSC user the 'Full rules of NSC' pdf that states unequivocally that not all threads have to be read in section 7 para 3.5 and the category and subject of the thread should be used to selectively browse :shrug:

I only found this out recently as I had just naturally assumed for the last 20 years that every new account was sent the full rules :wink:

I think when I joined the rules were on a Harveys beer mat . . .or was it the back of a pack of Silk Cut, I can't remember.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Are there not other forums for political views? My understanding that this one was for Brighton and Hove Albion a football team?

I know. If only there were threads on Andone, the new away kit, Ben White, Carl Rushworth, the return of fans to stadiums, the 25 man squad (2021), the Rangers pre-season friendly, Ali J and other likely squad departures on the first page.

Oh.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know others have said as much but, I'm sorry, this is absolutely absurd. There are reasons why he isn't winning in the polls, but none of them are because he doesn't have the intelligence or whit to make any impression on the PM at PMQT.

As a state-educated man, he rose to be the Director of Public Prosecutions. You're telling us he isn't intelligent? It's just laughable. It also pretty much proves that he works hard and pays attention to detail to a degree that Johnson isn't remotely capable of. Johnson is totally unfit for the position he holds - he's bone idle, sloppy and immoral. He doesn't even take responsibility for the kids he's fathered. Tory voters should just think about that.

Tory voters don't think about anyone else, they're inherently selfish. It's in their DNA

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is the interesting question. Why isn't Starmer's superiority in PMQ being reflected in his polling? I think back to Major and Smith which is also one-sided and at the time of this death, Smith was way ahead of Major in polling. Similarly, Cameron got the better of Brown regularly - which was reflected in his polling and the GE result. But Starmer's not getting a similar boost - but I don't know why.
There are lots of reasons for this but you can't really compare a Tory leader to a Labour one anyway because the playing field isn't level. This heightened now because as well as Labour not having the right wing media in their pocket, it is also true that Starmer is pro-EU and has some quite left leaning colleagues with him. As such, the papers don't bother highlighting Johnson's gross incompetence or the mismatches at PMQTs in case the great unwashed become aware of just how bad this government really is.

Are there not other forums for political views? My understanding that this one was for Brighton and Hove Albion a football team?

So the only thread on the front page with a "[Politics]" label wasn't enough for you then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tory voters don't think about anyone else, they're inherently selfish. It's in their DNA
I don't think that's entirely fair. There have been plenty of decent Tory politicians and equally some dogmatic self-interested Labour ones.

The ones who vote Tory and refuse to acknowledge obvious truths about Johnson are simply ignorant though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't think that's entirely fair. There have been plenty of decent Tory politicians and equally some dogmatic self-interested Labour ones.

The ones who vote Tory and refuse to acknowledge obvious truths about Johnson are simply ignorant though.

Agree re odd MP's from both sides, but there general ethos and bulk of policies lean toward I/me not we/us where they repeatedly win is convincing the have nots they may have, even though they never truly give them the opportunity to Have. It's selfish on different levels offering inclusivity whilst delivering exclusivity.

Free to those who can afford it, very expensive for those who can't

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why don't we just change the rules so users don't have to open every thread even if they're not interested?

They are interested though. Interested in defending Boris, and feel that deflecting and attacking the OP is the best way forward. Just like the tory MP on the radio today defending Priti Vacant's pathetic comments on taking the knee by claiming that Ms Vacant is the recipient of oodles of racist mail (which apparently means she can say what she wants about anything she likes).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Totally agree, but the good ones have been silenced or removed.
Some of the back benchers are vile though.
The Dover MP is a recent typical example.
The Conservative party has gone from a party i would consider and have voted for in the past to a party that i totally detest since Cameron.
I am a floating voter that likes middle ground (ish) but i also exercise my right not to vote as a protest that nobody deserves it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Totally agree, but the good ones have been silenced or removed.
Some of the back benchers are vile though.
The Dover MP is a recent typical example.
The Conservative party has gone from a party i would consider and have voted for in the past to a party that i totally detest since Cameron.
I am a floating voter that likes middle ground (ish) but i also exercise my right not to vote as a protest that nobody deserves it.

That's pretty much where I'm at, except I'd now vote for whichever party is best placed to remove the useless piss stains in charge - because we are now at the point where that is the overwhelming need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here