Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BJ 'Levelling Up' Speech - A Masterclass In Gibberish

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BJ suddenly astonished at inequality in the country :ohmy:

He recalls visiting Germany just after The Wall came down and marvelling at 'West German cars with their funny two-stroke engines'.

Utterly bizarre.

Nurse! The screens! :eek:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He is a Bonafide bonkers bumble****

Which says a lot about the general populations intellect and sanity. :eek:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The bumble**** is trying to reassure the southern blue wall that they won't be paying for the leveling up. With so many southern Tory voters intelligent and educated, I'm not sure his BJ-BS-Bluster is going to cut the mustard.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Has NSC Big Board turned into the BBC News Comments Section?

Highest Rated Comment: "I stopped reading at 'Boris Johnson is to promise...'"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems one of biggest problems with Johnson's waffle and bluff is it covers over any content. is there any or just waffle? i see Labour are criticising nothing in particular, suggests there's not much to oppose.

update: listening from the beginning gather there's no policy here. its just recognising a problem, of variation of prospects, which to be fair is the first step. have to wait until later in year for white paper on what they intend to do about it.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Not a huge difference I know but I think you mean the Guardian comments section [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Can’t we just have a politics thread that all this tosh gets dumped in, as much as I like THPP ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can’t we just have a politics thread that all this tosh gets dumped in, as much as I like THPP ?

Well I did use the 'Politics' Prefix, so I guess there's probably a way of filtering out 'all this tosh' if you're genuinely not interested in discussing the way your country is run. Anyways it'll prob be dumped into the Bear Pit by end of play today. At which point we can ALL filter it out

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Why don't we just change the rules so users don't have to open every thread even if they're not interested?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The most bizarre aspect of the speech is that he says he's "levelling up" but we're going to see the same level of increased spending across the whole of the UK. That's not levelling up, is it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But what will happen when someone comes along with a well thought out, concise opinion that slightly alters other posters opinions.

We might lose that, forever.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks to the disastrous Brexit " Oven Ready " deal that he set up we are already " Levelling Down" as a country ... I really don't expect the Wonky Trolley to come up with or implement anything that will change the nation for the better. It's beyond him to sit down and actually plan or organise anything.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I won't have my team criticised. :tantrum:

This is the reality. It was marked "politics", it couldn't have been clearer what this was about. I, like a lot of people, consider Johnson to be the worst PM we have ever had or will ever have in my lifetime - I opened it up expecting to nod in agreement forlornly and close it. I mean it's not news that Johnson is talking incoherent crap is it, so was just interested to see what he'd said this time.

If you are like these people insisting on walking around with your fingers in your ears insisting everything is fine, then this was clearly not the thread for you - SO DON'T OPEN IT THEN.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I mean it's not news that Johnson is talking incoherent crap is it, so was just interested to see what he'd said this time.

What's equally sad is that the leader of the opposition doesn't have the intelligence or whit to make any impression on Boris at PM Question Time. He gets walked over most of the time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What's equally sad is that the leader of the opposition doesn't have the intelligence or whit to make any impression on Boris at PM Question Time. He gets walked over most of the time.

On the subject of ‘intelligence or whit’, what context are you using ‘whit’ in? I’m a tad confused?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Do you regularly watch PMQs, or just the edited clips on the news?

Starmer wipes the floor with Johnson, week in, week out :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Do you regularly watch PMQs, or just the edited clips on the news?

Starmer wipes the floor with Johnson, week in, week out :shrug:

Well quite. I've been following PMQ for about 40 years and there's never been such a gap between the PM and LOTO. I can only assume Uncle C has never listened to the exchanges - even the Tory press are commenting on how poor Johnson is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Every day I wake up baffled that millions of people could watch him for more than 20 seconds and think "Yes, that is the man I think we should have running our country. I am going to intentionally vote for him."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here