Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he gets back to what he was, and GP wants to keep him, he is the striker we have been looking for.

Welbeck, Maupay, Andone and Zeqiri (Connolly on loan)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hoping he comes back from injury in good condition.

He certainly has the ability to make the difference for us.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I do too. But I also have concerns that he is a red waiting to happen. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think back to Potter's first game in charge - he and Maupay ripped them apart.

If (and we know it's a big if) he can keep his temper under control, there's no doubt that he is a very useful attacking option to have.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think back to Potter's first game in charge - he and Maupay ripped them apart.

If (and we know it's a big if) he can keep his temper under control, there's no doubt that he is a very useful attacking option to have.

WTF are you doing on here ? Shouldn't you be on honeymoon :wink:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I do too. But I also have concerns that he is a red waiting to happen. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had more players sent off last season than anyone else in the Prem with 6.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Does it matter if he gets three reds a sesaon? Gives an opportunity to another player and he gets a rest! As long as he doesn't upset the dressing room and we can handle his off days, no problem.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would love to see him properly back. If Potter has worked some of his Emotional Intelligence magic on him and got his head in the right place (he must think he has otherwise he’d have been out of here by now) he’ll be genuinely like a new signing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Andone is a test of Potter's emotional intelligence credentials. if he cant tone him done to harness the ability and focus the passion, then i dont think its more than a cliche.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I'm going to take a punt on him:
a) having worked hard on the mental side and, therefore, overcome his demons
b) rehabilitated both physically (back in training and looking fit) as well as within the culture of the squad (and I think that's where GPott is brilliant - he will have helped here undoubtedly)
c) playing in 20+ games and...scoring 10+ goals this season, perhaps more often as a sub than a starter

Long odds on all the above, I know, and maybe just wishful thinking but just have a feeling it will happen!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would love to see him properly back. If Potter has worked some of his Emotional Intelligence magic on him and got his head in the right place (he must think he has otherwise he’d have been out of here by now) he’ll be genuinely like a new signing.

It’s the body rather than the head I’m worried about. Badly broken twice over the last few years, will it ever be the same again? He wasn’t able to return last season, a big challenge awaits this season to see if his body is up to EPL football.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's a far better player than Connolly. And probably less of a dick too. I'm not too worried about the odd red card, some of the best players in the world have been partial to a red or two every now and then. The bigger worry is the rumours about how unpopular he was with the squad. Although the squad is quite different now.

It's a bad idea to keep someone if they are unpopular and a disruptive influence, however good they are. So it's up for Potter to use his management skills to decide, I guess.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
At the very least he is a decent replacement for Connolly who needs a loan move.

I have much higher hopes for him than that, but as a minimum, it's a decent step up from last season IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here