Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Travel in and out of Brighton should be 'minimised'

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the importance of this, I have posted on the main thread, but happy for it to be moved to the main Covid site if required.

Hopefully short lived and doesn't give concerns for the home friendly and league games.

GOVERNMENT advice has emerged urging people not to travel into and out of the city due to rising cases of the Delta variant of coronavirus.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19441844.covid-travel-brighton-minimised/

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I assume the police will be blocking the roads and trains into town this weekend then, when it's forecast to be absolutely sizzling?

Oh, wait. They probably won't.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As a seaside trader I'm hoping no body gets to read this.
But looking from the other side, if a tourist has booked a hotel, can they cancel under their insurance with this warning?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So you can travel anywhere you want and do what you want. Just don't travel anywhere you want and do what you want.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They were doing it during the first lockdown, but I strongly suspect you're right about this w/e

Sometimes. For example, on the day of the Chelsea friendly 2,500 person trial in August the trains into Brighton were busier than the ones out to Falmer from both London and Coastway West.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I assume the police will be blocking the roads and trains into town this weekend then, when it's forecast to be absolutely sizzling?

Oh,Yep wait. They probably won't.

Yep they are starting to erect a wall across the A23 at Patcham, with machine gun posts on top, hadn't you heard? :eek:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Some people are not going to be happy until everyone is locked in their houses 24/7 and there is no economy.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Some people are not going to be happy until everyone is locked in their houses 24/7 and there is no economy.

I blame all the idiots in Brighton who have refused to have a jab as a matter of principle. The take up rates are little short of a disgrace. These people sadly don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

Last edited:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Given the importance of this, I have posted on the main thread, but happy for it to be moved to the main Covid site if required.

Hopefully short lived and doesn't give concerns for the home friendly and league games.

GOVERNMENT advice has emerged urging people not to travel into and out of the city due to rising cases of the Delta variant of coronavirus.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19441844.covid-travel-brighton-minimised/
Panic buying in the supermarket once people read this.
Oh it's ok it's only in the argus, do people actually read that?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I blame all the idiots in Brighton who have refused to have a jab as a matter of principle. The take up rates are little short of a disgrace. These people sadly don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

LOL, yea right.

The 'take up rate' and politicians keeping their domination and control of the population they currently have, have sweet FA to do with each other.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is the army gathering at Waterhall like they were just before the first lock-down

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Oh, wait. They probably won't.

I'm sure that there will be thousands storming the barriers.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Surely that's a contradiction in terms?

My mother lives in 'Brighton' and couldn't get hers fast enough . . . . A high proportion of students and young people may skew the numbers, but regardless, it's the idiots who sadly don't give a damn about anyone else, desperate for the plastic night life that are ploughing into the city from far and wide causing the spike.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There was a lot of Cockerneeees piling on the coast bound trains this Afternoon at London Victoria.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't all the Cockerneeees have been gathering at stations like Kings Cross/St. Pancras and London Bridge to begin their journeys to the coast, bearing in mind they are geographically closer to Bow Bells than Victoria? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here