Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pompey Under 18s covering themselves in glory

SAC

May 21, 2014
Do clubs not lecture players on what they can and can't post online? It's bad enough that any player thinks these thoughts but to then type it on a group chat is utterly moronic. Looks like Portsmouth will start the U18 season a few players short.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Why has racism got so bad in this country recently?

Was thinking the same myself recently.

Is social media simply catching it more and highlighting how much it has always happened and really does happen or is it actually getting worse. Hopefully the former.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

i dont think its any worse or better than it ever was. Its just that the example being set by our glorious leaders seems to have empowered the racists to believe its ok to say what they bloody well like without fear of retribution.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I do wonder if players taking the knee is causing more harm than good now.

why would it do that - people getting tired with it is not the same as a deliberate negative reaction e.g. booing it. I for one am getting more behind it because I think most players of all ethnic groups think it is correct. my only concern i that gestures need to turn into action

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Was thinking the same myself recently.

Is social media simply catching it more and highlighting how much it has always happened and really does happen or is it actually getting worse. Hopefully the former.

social media puts it out in public.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I do wonder if players taking the knee is causing more harm than good now.

no one has been made racist by the act of players taking the knee.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
no one has been made racist by the act of players taking the knee.
I think it is the knee taking that is causing more harm than good sadly and despite people desperately trying to blame the government I don't think it's their fault although they don't help.

Never really been a big fan of knee taking right from when colin kaepernick brought it back in.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Racism in this country has always been bad.
I witnessed it close hand in the 60s and 70s. The racists did seem to go underground in the 80s and 90s , but it is growing again now.

What is good is that taking the knee has done exactly what it was designed to do. It has exposed the deep seated bigotry of a minority of our fellow countrymen. The very thought that a white man can think he can tell ethnic minorities how to protest against racism is pythoesque in its absurdity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here