Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Double Standards

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Since you need a subscription for The Athletic I've no idea what he's done. I just got as far as "attacking coach". I thought NSC told me last season that you can't coach strikers???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Since you need a subscription for The Athletic I've no idea what he's done. I just got as far as "attacking coach". I thought NSC told me last season that you can't coach strikers???
He got fined for letting a drunk and uninsured relative drive his car ( in which he was a passenger ) which then crashed leaving a driver of another vehicle in hospital for months.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57109401

Aberdeen assistant manager Allan Russell has left his coaching role with the England national team over a road traffic accident involving his brother.

Russell, 40, admitted allowing brother Simon - who confessed to drink driving - to drive his car while uninsured in July last year in Oxfordshire.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

He was England’s strikers’ coach but was involved in a road traffic accident. Looks as if he allowed his brother to drive his car whilst uninsured.

The suits decided to bin him off…wouldn’t happen at Derby of course.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seems odd that the the England set up ditched Russell yet stand by players who possibly have done worse.

The bloke in the accident was so badly injured that he had to spend months in hospital - who in the England has done worst than that?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks chaps. I can see the "double standards" when compared with Maguire in Greece. I suspect employers in other industries wouldn't have been too happy with either of them :shrug:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Thanks chaps. I can see the "double standards" when compared with Maguire in Greece. I suspect employers in other industries wouldn't have been too happy with either of them :shrug:

And Grealish.

I suspect the difference in actions may partly lie in the admission/conviction.

But that is really just a useful excuse and mostly it's the fact that one was deemed more replaceable...

Double standards for sure imo.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The bloke in the accident was so badly injured that he had to spend months in hospital - who in the England has done worst than that?

It's not about having a scale! Grealish partied and crash a car and left the scene during lockdown, Walker broke lockdown rules and entertained sex workers (allegedly) and of course Maguire.

I suspect, although I don't obviously know for certain, that if Southgate wanted to keep him he would have stayed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here