Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Goalkeeper Toby Bull (given a third scholar year for 2021-22) is on loan (duration unknown) at Isthmian League Premier Division side Merstham (same division as Worthing, Lewes, Bognor etc):-

[TWEET]1425799045876957188[/TWEET]

He has saved a penalty in each of his first two matches with the Moatsiders:-

[TWEET]1429152226824663047[/TWEET]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jensen Weir played the full 90 minutes for Cambridge Utd tonight in their 3-1 Carabao Cup defeat away at Millwall. Not sure if he will have done enough to get a league start vs. Bolton at The Abbey on Saturday as I expect Bonner to start with as much experience as he can. He was an unused sub last weekend so I fully expect him to be on the bench again as a minimum, with every chance of getting on against a decent Bolton side.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Jenks starting against Qarabag. Will be interesting to see, most likely the toughest opposition he has ever played against.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The only Aberdeen player taken off at half-time when 2 nil down (3 nil on aggregate).

Yeah, he didnt play particularly well but Qarabag were even more dominant in the second half so its not like it all could be blamed on Teddy. There was just an ocean of class between the teams in general.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only Aberdeen player taken off at half-time when 2 nil down (3 nil on aggregate).
Nothing to read in to that - he was substituted for veteran English striker Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (JET). JET is probably their most potent striker, but who rarely manages a fill 90 minutes - quite often he only plays 45 minutes, so somebody else obviously has to play the other 45. Aberdeen fans still don't rate Jenks though.
The question to be asked is why didn't JET play the first 45 minutes, when Aberdeen were still in the game.

Last edited:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Goalkeeper Toby Bull (given a third scholar year for 2021-22) is on loan (duration unknown) at Isthmian League Premier Division side Merstham (same division as Worthing, Lewes, Bognor etc):-

[TWEET]1425799045876957188[/TWEET]

He has saved a penalty in each of his first two matches with the Moatsiders:-

[TWEET]1429152226824663047[/TWEET]

Toby is good mates with my son.

He is a top lad - brilliant attitude - a very very good keeper - fantastic distribution. Fingers crossed for his continued development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shame he wasn’t playing LB yesterday.

Recall from loan in January? .......or do we have a buy-back clause to get George Cox back from Fortuna Sittard?

Only (half) jesting - Cox is gone, making a career for himself elsewhere, and good luck to him. Cochrane is doing very well at Hearts - and he is possiblty the only genuine left back we've got on the books at the moment - but there's still quite a leap from the SPL to the PL. Probably best he stays there, enjoys his time in Edinburgh, and GP can have a good look at him next summer. Nice that the Hearts fans seem to have taken too him - not Ben White hysteria levels, but fully accepted as a regular starter in the firsrt team.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jensen Weir played the full 90 minutes for Cambridge Utd tonight in their 3-1 Carabao Cup defeat away at Millwall. Not sure if he will have done enough to get a league start vs. Bolton at The Abbey on Saturday as I expect Bonner to start with as much experience as he can. He was an unused sub last weekend so I fully expect him to be on the bench again as a minimum, with every chance of getting on against a decent Bolton side.

Went to Cambridge Utd again yesterday but once again Jensen was an unused sub. Grrrrr….

Great game though, with Cambridge beating Bolton with 25% possession, in a really disciplined performance that obviously owed much to hours of work on shape and systems on the training ground.

I’ve seen Cambridge Utd three times so far this season (a 1-1 vs Oxford, a 3-0 vs Burton and yesterday’s 1-0 vs Bolton), and each time I have come away deeply impressed with how Mark Bonner has them playing. In spite of the fact that he is not getting many first team minutes at present I’m certain being part of a well-drilled first team squad with league points on the line every matchday is doing wonders for Weir’s continued football education.

Will probably play in the Papa John’s pizza cup thing on Tuesday at home to Oxford. It’s only £12 for adults and a quid for children but I don’t think I can be arsed as only one side of the ground will be open and it kicks off at 7pm so would be surprised if there are more than 700-800 there. I’ll keep an eye on the forums to see if he gets a ‘slice’ of the action….:facepalm:

Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Periodic update (probably the penultimate one what with the window closing on Tuesday). And Billy Arce added in as I realise I was remiss to not include him before:

Florin Andone to Cadiz (La Liga)
Billy Arce to LDU Quito (Ecuadorian Serie A)
Matt Clarke to West Bromwich Albion (Championship)
Alex Cochrane to Hearts of Midlothian (Scottish Premiership)
Jan Paul van Hecke to Blackburn Rovers (Championship)
Teddy Jenks to Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership)
Michał Karbownik to Olympiacos (Greek Super League)
Ryan Longman to Hull City (Championship)
Kaoru Mitoma to Royale Union Saint Gilloise (Belgian First Division A)
Jayson Molumby to West Bromwich Albion (Championship)
Leo Skiri Østigård to Stoke City (Championship)
Carl Rushworth to Walsall (League Two)
Jensen Weir to Cambridge United (League One)

Thirteen so far, with possible further additions from the likes of Zeqiri, Khadra, Caicedo and Locadia. Not to mention a few senior U23s who haven't played much/at all this season like Eneme Ella, Dendoncker, Sarmiento and Tanimowo - their absences could either signal injuries or being lined up for a move out...

Weekend roundup:

Florin Andone is on the bench for Cadiz, as they are about to kick off against Osasuna.
Alex Cochrane played the full match at LCB for Hearts in a 2-0 win over Dundee United. Becoming a regular and popular amongst the Hearts fans as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.
Teddy Jenks was an unused sub for Aberdeen today.
Ryan Longman played the first 58 minutes in a 0-0 draw with Bournemouth in his first match back from injury.
Leo Skiri Østigård played the full match at RCB for Stoke as they came back down to earth with a bump in a 3-0 loss to early leaders Fulham.
Carl Rushworth kept a clean sheet as Walsall got their first win of the season 1-0 against Stevenage
Jensen Weir was an unused sub for Cambridge yesterday in a 1-0 win against Bolton.

Arce and Clarke are out injured at the moment.
For Molumby, van Hecke and Karbownik, the matches came too soon this weekend for their involvement.
Kaoru Mitoma still yet to be involved in a match for RUSG - possibly still having time off following his Olympic involvement for Japan?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thirteen so far, with possible further additions from the likes of Zeqiri, Khadra, Caicedo and Locadia. Not to mention a few senior U23s who haven't played much/at all this season like Eneme Ella, Dendoncker, Sarmiento and Tanimowo - their absences could either signal injuries or being lined up for a move out...
Khadra also bound for Blackburn on loan, once he's over his present knock (unless he's had a setback that might keep him back here?)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Florin came on when Cadiz were 2-1 up with 22 minutes to go, touched the ball 12 times, lost possession 7 times and Cadiz lost 2-3. Im sure it will get better but not a fun start for him, he was piss poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here