Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
..... and another one added for you (in alphabetical order :thumbsup:) - Leo Ostigard to Stoke.

Edit: Apologies - hadn't seen Gabbiano's update above.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
https://upthesaddlers.com/t/doncaster-rovers-h-carabao-cup-r1-tue-10th-aug-7-45pm/6764/263

Walsall fans very impressed with Rushworth despite losing to Doncaster on penalties today

They do seem quite taken with the lad.

Rushworth is some player. He’s going to be way above our level.

Interesting tonight to see Rushworth given another start when quite often in these cups they rotate the keepers. He does look like a fantastic prospect

Rushworth, I’m genuinely concerned they’ll recall him before the window :joy: he looked superb tonight. A few good saves and a few pen saves.

Very very impressed with him. I felt Rose had earned a shot but you can’t argue with this lad at all

Keeper & defenders look good

Rushworth is very impressive. Not just with his saves, but the way he commands the area and those around him. Really vocal for a keeper of his age around far more senior pro’s

Rushworth made an absolute worldly to keep us in the game

Rushworth a massive upgrade on Roberts tbf. Not just the saves but you can just tell defence has way more confidence in him dealing with crosses than last season

Not seen saves like Rushworth pulled off tonight since Jimmy Walker.

Outrageous mate , I’m genuinely amazed we’ve got him at the club.

Doncaster fans were raving about him outside the ground

Carl Rushworth will be in the England team in a few years.

Thought Rushworth very good tonight

Maybe we should try Rushworth as an attacking midfielder or striker. I bet he’d be more effective than Osadebe on set pieces too

The way he pings the ball across the pitch, it wouldn’t be a bad idea

a couple of outstanding saves from Rushworth.

Rushworth could well play for England. I heard a guy at Tranmere Saturday, spoke to Leigh after q and a, saying he’s probably our biggest coup of the season.

Like others I was impressed with Rushworth and I love his confidence.

Defensively we look sound and Rushworth will be the signing of the season in this division, by a country mile.

Quite the save, at 1:15 in these highlights...

Although, I think this post was accidentally made on their site by an Albion fan...

Can we mention needing a striker?
When can we be concerned!
All the chances and no one taking them yet again.
So many positives being set back by the key position we have needed filling since last January yet we still haven’t filled. Barmy imo

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
They do seem quite taken with the lad.

Quite the save, at 1:15 in these highlights...

Although, I think this post was accidentally made on their site by an Albion fan...

The two penalty saves were decent too. Second one reminds me of Roberts in the play-off semi.

[TWEET]1425429925562044416[/TWEET]

Don't know if it was a strong Doncaster team, but it's worth remembering that he was playing L1 opponents too.

Edit: The replies to this are certainly interesting too :lolol: - https://twitter.com/VitalWalsall/status/1425204553553780737?s=20

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Weekend update:

Matt Clarke played 84 mins as WBA beat Luton 3-2

Alex Cochrane played 75 mins as Hearts were knocked out of the Scottish League Cup by Celtic 3-2 (Edouard one of the scorers for Celtic).

Teddy Jenks played 70 mins as Aberdeen crashed out of the same cup 2-1 to Raith Rovers. Jenks getting panned on the Aberdeen forums again, hopefully he can turn it around as there's definitely a player in there somewhere. https://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45832-raith-rovers-2-1-aberdeen/page/14/#comments

Ryan Longman started for Hull in their 3-0 loss to QPR, but played only 35 mins, coming off with a groin injury. Hull fans seemed impressed up to that point - https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-qpr.394817/page-6

Leo Østigård had a clean sheet playing the whole match for Stoke City in a 0-0 against Birmingham. 7s and 8s out of 10 in their match ratings - https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/300990/player-ratings

Carl Rushworth was in goal as Walsall lost 3-1 to Forest Green, and according to the BBC made a "superb save" to stop a fourth goal going in.

Jensen Weir played 61 minutes for Cambridge as they lose 2-1 to Accrington.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Weekend update:

Matt Clarke played 84 mins as WBA beat Luton 3-2

Alex Cochrane played 75 mins as Hearts were knocked out of the Scottish League Cup by Celtic 3-2 (Edouard one of the scorers for Celtic).

Teddy Jenks played 70 mins as Aberdeen crashed out of the same cup 2-1 to Raith Rovers. Jenks getting panned on the Aberdeen forums again, hopefully he can turn it around as there's definitely a player in there somewhere. https://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45832-raith-rovers-2-1-aberdeen/page/14/#comments

Ryan Longman started for Hull in their 3-0 loss to QPR, but played only 35 mins, coming off with a groin injury. Hull fans seemed impressed up to that point - https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-qpr.394817/page-6

Leo Østigård had a clean sheet playing the whole match for Stoke City in a 0-0 against Birmingham. 7s and 8s out of 10 in their match ratings - https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/300990/player-ratings

Carl Rushworth was in goal as Walsall lost 3-1 to Forest Green, and according to the BBC made a "superb save" to stop a fourth goal going in.

Jensen Weir played 61 minutes for Cambridge as they lose 2-1 to Accrington.
Cheers Gabbiano.

Good to see Jenks is winning round a very small minority of Aberdeen fans - on the whole he's had a terrible reception up there. Duffy was shit at Celtic, so he must be shit. He's English so he's shit. Not all Aberdeen fans have such limited vocabulary, but a few definately do! Then there's the idea that he must be keeping Scottish youngsters who are better than him out of the team .............. derr, if they were better, the manager would pick them, not him!
Cochrane on the other hand was welcomed from the start at Hearts, and they seem reasonably happy with him. No Ben White at Leeds style euphoria, but just getting on quietly with hs job, and playing most of the time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Weir only got a couple of minutes as sub for Cambridge last night. Rushworth couldn't quite manage a clean sheet for Walsall, conceding a late equaliser against Scunny, but at least he helped Walsall to their first point of the season

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Weir only got a couple of minutes as sub for Cambridge last night.

I'm going to Cambridge Utd vs Burton Albion on Saturday so will keep tabs on Weir and post up here how he does, assuming he plays.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No joy for Teddy Jenks at Aberdeen tonight - and no joy for Aberdeen leaving him on the bench either. Lost 1-0 to some team I've never heard of (FK Qarabag, apparantly!) in the Europa Noddy League.
Wonder if he'll get to play against Cochrane on Saturday?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Østigård fast becoming a cult hero at Stoke. 8’s and 9’s in player ratings on their forum for the game against Swansea. They have.a song for him too. This season’s Ben White?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's the Brighton Derby in Edinburgh today! Teddy Jenks looks like he's playing the no.10 role for Aberdeen today (according to the BBC's positions) at Tynecastle up against Alex Cochrane on the left side of a back three for Hearts. Hope Teddy has a good 'un, because the Aberdeen mob really haven't taken to him (not at the expense of Cochrane though, who's been doing a decent steady job for Hearts).

Edit: Just noticed, winner goes top of the SPL tonight - pretty good having two of our youngsters battling it out head to head for top spot in the SPL!

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Honours even - so second and third behind our Scottish 'feeder club' :)wink:)

Hearts quite happy, if not over-excited with their Brighton boy -

"Cochrane 7 - Unspectacular player but a very solid match. Defended very well and passed out from the back well."
- generally endorsed by others. Quite an interesting deeper level view here (the Hearts posters are quite a literate bunch! -

"Not sure if it was lack of confidence, instruction or just a defenders instinct, but I was disappointed with Cochrane’s lack of forward thinking today. Harsh to say that about the lad as he defended well and made no real defensive mistakes but he could have been more positive in moving the ball forward. On many occasions he had plenty time to look up and push forward and make a pass but took the easy option to pass back. He’s young, fit and athletic so I would like to see him ‘show off’ a bit more than be Mr dependable. The odd mistake would be easily forgiven. Finger’s crossed he does as it would make a big difference to his game and the team."

As for Aberdeen, there's still a lot who are convinced he 'must be good in training' and are happy to moan that the manager is putting out a weakened team to save the good players for Europe - 'he must be, if Jenks is playing' sort of stuff. Best not to put in any actual quotes, they are .....ermmm .... well, yes, they've been highlighted before! One or two are starting to appreciate him a bit though -

"After a poor first half i thought Jenks and Brown started to run the midfield and that's when the game changed. Sayin that, JET coming on and linking the play helped alot, Plus he started ragdolling that little cvnt Halliday and the Hearts players didn't know what to do with him."
- yes, I know, still a bit colourful - but mild in it's context. Put your waders on if you want to visit the rest of https://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/forum/1-afc-chat-football-forums/ ! :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm going to Cambridge Utd vs Burton Albion on Saturday so will keep tabs on Weir and post up here how he does, assuming he plays.

On the bench but didn’t get on the pitch in a 3-0 home win. Might get a run out Tuesday night away to Millwall in the Carabao Cup?

In much of the pre-match online chat many Cambridge supporters name him in their predicted line-up but he’s yet to nail down a starting place. Having said that, when he does play for a decent number of minutes he seems to make a positive impression. Hopefully he will just keep working hard and take his opportunity when it comes his way - which it will. Bonner is a good young manager who is fluid with his in- game formations and tactics so it looks like another well thought out loan placement.

Cambridge have Bolton Wanderers at home on Saturday. I’m going along so if Weir plays I’ll report back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No joy for Teddy Jenks at Aberdeen tonight - and no joy for Aberdeen leaving him on the bench either. Lost 1-0 to some team I've never heard of (FK Qarabag, apparantly!)

Spot the person who's not a member of the NSC chess team :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here