Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-season photos : what we can learn

SeagullB

Jul 4, 2021
It's that time of year when the players return to training after their summer breaks, and the club posted some pictures from the first training session onto their website yesterday.
Whilst slightly unreliable, due to a few first team players missing after the euros or quarantine (Bissouma), these early photos could give an indication of potential outgoings. They also provide insight into the u23s that we could see make an impact for Potter this season. There are around 40 photos, so I won't post them all, instead I'll focus on the key omissions and inclusions in the first training session.

Glaring omissions( excluding internationals): Aaron Connolly, Jahanbaksh, Matt Clarke
Surprise inclusions: Haydon Roberts, Reda Khadra, Carl Rushworth, Ostigard, Number 42?
Happy to see: Mwepu, Lamptey and March all appear to be training with the squad!

Sorry for the lack of photos, find all 38 below.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/galleries/2188356/gallery-first-day-back#2188349
gallery-first-day-back

Last edited:

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I never read much into pre-season training just like I don't take much from pre-season friendlies.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Swiss Andy, Khedra and Ostigard feature a lot. Looking cool & relaxed. I would imagine these three will feature more regularly for the first team with Khadra being my hope for 'star' player.???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is that the new design for the PL ball?

Looks like they won it on the pier.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
March didn't get the "on brand" footwear memo!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've seen several reports dotted about that AJ is possibly off to Feyenoord. Probably very little truth behind it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So no Clarke ( off at WBA for medical ), Bissouma ( ££££ sale ? ), AJ ( several games for Iran this summer ), Connolly and Molumby ( may be getting an extra week off as they played a few games for Ireland / May be off ). Thinking about it, didn't Connolly miss those games with an injury ?

And no Burn ? ??? Maybe he is ill or...?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Van Hecke featuring in the latest video too. Looks like Molumby + Connolly are on their way out via loans to the Championship.

Molumby's already 'done his time' in the Championship with distinction. With the arrivals of the like of Moder, Karbownik, Caiceido and Mwepu (sp?) I think he'll be wanting to move on and move away. Sadly, but can't blame him.
In retrospect, taking that club record offer (£2 or £3M?) from Millwall might have been a good idea all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here