Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sadly hardly a surprise this has come up on the blind side with all the focus on Bissouma and Trossard. Any sensible premier team will have taken note of CuCu's performances. As much as we'd like to deny it he would go for the right price and particularly if he could double his wages with one of the money bags like City or Newcastle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We could become the next Southampton, I lost count of the number of quality players they lost, half of them almost going on strike to force through transfers, mostly to Liverpool

Almost impossible to stop it if big clubs want our players imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You will have to relocate from God's own County to Lankyshire, It would have to be several miilions before I considered it...

Like pretty much every other English county, Lancashire has some lovely places. Several Millions? Show me a sniff of one million and I'd drive myself there!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We could become the next Southampton, I lost count of the number of quality players they lost, half of them almost going on strike to force through transfers, mostly to Liverpool

Tottenham head the Stains ex-players numbers + of course Poch.

Stains fans hate that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Stories like this one are hardly a surprise. Top 6 club interested in our young talented players. Might bid in the summer and then something highly speculative and probably wrong about the size of the transfer fee. (The Guardian says £35m), The Athletic says it will have to be a "price Albion can't refuse". So what ? There will be plenty more stories like this over the summer for Sanchez, Trossard, Cucurella and Bissouma (perhaps Caicedo too) . Get used to it.
Albion don't have to sell, if they will it will be for top ££ , and so it will go on- but sell 1-2 players like this a season. Almost certainly. Otherwise they won't be able to convince the next Sanchez , Cucurella etc ajd their long term replacements a contract or incentive to come and for it to start all over again. "Come here, you'll play lets of football under a great coach, and if successful - there's a pathway to a top 6 club and the Champions League - see Ben White, Yves Bissouma etc etc "

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We won’t sell this summer unless we get an offer of £60m plus, as we don’t need to, but next summer is a possibility.
Keeps Tony’s strategy moving along nicely. The words that will come from from the club will be something like ‘the club are relaxed about the situation. Marc is on a long term contract and Brighton have no need to sell’. Or words to that affect.
As we know with the Ben White situation, we don’t sell until we want and then for what we feel the player is worth.
Whoever got the Cucurella deal over the line needs a pat on the back and that Airline pilot who did a selling job of Brighton to the man himself should too.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

That is our business model and ambition, absolutely.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Sanchez is £65m+ He’s young and incredibly talented. He’s one of the very best PL keepers even at his tender age.
Cucurella is very similar. Absolute natural, coupled with hard work.
Bissouma is tricky to work out with one more year on his contract. Maybe £32m?
Trossard similar. £25m?

We have some wonderful talent. I hope we keep most of them because we could build something quite special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whoever got the Cucurella deal over the line needs a pat on the back and that Airline pilot who did a selling job of Brighton to the man himself should too.

Dan Ashworth? (I don't know)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that there are three players that we cannot afford to lose as we do not have a replacement who is even close to the same quality. I hope TB agrees with me :smile:

Trossard, Cucu and Sanchez

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's off then.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’d have also asked him about his ambitions to play at the World Cup. Surely getting regular first team football with us at the start of next season will assist with getting into the Spanish squad. If he achieves that, and has another great season with us, then the bids that come in for him next summer may be difficult to reject.
He needs a rest now as I can’t believe where he gets his energy from!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here