Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] New CentreParcs - Crawley

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://www.centerparcs.co.uk/villa...xQMsjFpz51nhZiKIOzioDgp47muKaLtT9DJx8leo48sO8

Exciting news: Our plans for a sixth Center Parcs in the UK

We’re excited to announce that we have identified a site for a sixth Center Parcs village in the UK.

We have secured an option agreement to acquire 553 acres of woodland off Balcombe Road in Worth, West Sussex. The forest has been chosen because of its location (to the south of London) and its excellent transport links.
The development is expected to cost between £350m and £400m and will create around 1,500 permanent local jobs once operational, as well as around 1,000 jobs during construction. We anticipate the development would add an additional £40m to the local economy each year.
We will now begin working on rigorous site surveys, detailed designs and pre-planning works to make sure the woodland meets our specific requirements for a Center Parcs village, as well as beginning a programme of community engagement with the local area.
We are hoping to submit a planning application in 2022.
CEO Martin Dalby said: “It’s really exciting to have identified a potential site for another Center Parcs village in the UK. Today’s announcement marks the first step of a long journey, and there is still a huge amount of work to be done before we can submit a planning application. The proposal we will be submitting will create a significant number of jobs and bring major benefits to the local and national economy.”

Not for me... but might provide alternative jobs for all those Gatwick staff ?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Only seems to be a positive thing. The amount of work for those in the area around the site is not to be sniffed at, and CP do tend to do their sites well, and tucked well back from main roads. Because they only have limited arrival/departure times, traffic is generally very light in the areas around their parks.

They are great places for those with younger children. We used to go a lot, but now our kids are older (both at uni) Forest Holidays is what we go for. A more chilled experience albeit with less facilities (e.g. no "subtropical swimming paradise"). The lodges are similar, but better than the CP ones. They all have hot tubs on their decking so that's a big tick in the box for us!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That must be good news. Great places if you have young children.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That must be good news. Great places if you have young children.

It is, we're past that fortunately but it was great at the time. We quickly picked up on the Euro ones as they're half price and very pleasant. That won't be happening again so this is a great business move for CP and useful staycation option for Englishers. As well as creating jobs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've been to Le Lac d'Ailette a few times, drove down in the Cortina, ( Belgian LHD one) and you can take the dog too to the French ones. There's a fer good ones in Belgium, newest is nearish SPa F1 circuit

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Can take the dog to the UK ones, albeit limited number of villas available

Yes, we did look at it, almost impossible to get and ludicrously expensive.

our week in France inc tunnnel, one nights hotel on the Sunday and vets was the same as a long weekend at longleat. CP UK is pants down stuff.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
7cecd6728f968e7a6eb32f23dcd0ccfb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great for younger kids. Done Woburn a few times with mine when they were smaller. Not cheap but then you'll save on the petrol money if you're only going as far as Worth.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I live a 10 minute walk from the Woburn Center Parcs and have had a few long weekends there with the family. It’s great not having to spend hours in the car to get there and also very convenient to pop home if you’ve forgotten anything. However it’s slightly surreal spending a holiday so close to home (and paying so much for it too).

The traffic through Flitwick isn’t too bad, although the road out to CP itself can get a bit busy on Friday afternoons, as can the local Tesco!

It’s also been great for local jobs, particularly casual part-time jobs for local students.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks well positioned with the M23 hum in the background.

The word holiday and Crawley just don't go together.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only seems to be a positive thing. The amount of work for those in the area around the site is not to be sniffed at, and CP do tend to do their sites well, and tucked well back from main roads. Because they only have limited arrival/departure times, traffic is generally very light in the areas around their parks.

They are great places for those with younger children. We used to go a lot, but now our kids are older (both at uni) Forest Holidays is what we go for. A more chilled experience albeit with less facilities (e.g. no "subtropical swimming paradise"). The lodges are similar, but better than the CP ones. They all have hot tubs on their decking so that's a big tick in the box for us!

We went to CP Longleat and CP Elveden many times with our young kids, up and until they were just turned teens.

Fantastic holidays, great memories for us all.

Would do it all over again .... if a time traveller!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
https://www.centerparcs.co.uk/villa...xQMsjFpz51nhZiKIOzioDgp47muKaLtT9DJx8leo48sO8

Exciting news: Our plans for a sixth Center Parcs in the UK

We’re excited to announce that we have identified a site for a sixth Center Parcs village in the UK.

We have secured an option agreement to acquire 553 acres of woodland off Balcombe Road in Worth, West Sussex. The forest has been chosen because of its location (to the south of London) and its excellent transport links.
The development is expected to cost between £350m and £400m and will create around 1,500 permanent local jobs once operational, as well as around 1,000 jobs during construction. We anticipate the development would add an additional £40m to the local economy each year.
We will now begin working on rigorous site surveys, detailed designs and pre-planning works to make sure the woodland meets our specific requirements for a Center Parcs village, as well as beginning a programme of community engagement with the local area.
We are hoping to submit a planning application in 2022.
CEO Martin Dalby said: “It’s really exciting to have identified a potential site for another Center Parcs village in the UK. Today’s announcement marks the first step of a long journey, and there is still a huge amount of work to be done before we can submit a planning application. The proposal we will be submitting will create a significant number of jobs and bring major benefits to the local and national economy.”

Not for me... but might provide alternative jobs for all those Gatwick staff ?

I suppose the locals will think its a posh Disneyland with woods and a hot tub :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm excited by this news. If Woburn is anything to go by, that park got planning permission in 2010 and was opened in 2014. That would mean the Crawley one would be opening in 2026.

My kids would be 20 and 17 by then, so I could see the wife and I having a spa weekend there - I love the Aqua Sana experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here