Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tooth extracted - pain finally ends - life goes on

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Does anyone else feel like this about the Euros?

I was pleased that we did well, would obviously love us to have won it, but now that it is over it feels like the pain has stopped. Rather like a tooth ache - once the tooth is removed, the pain goes almost immediately, leaves a little tenderness for a short time and then it's like it never happened. And we get on with our lives (supporting the mighty Seagulls).

* for all you youngsters, tooth ache is what old people get because there wasn't flouride in the water when we were kids. Ask an old person (over 40) if this similie isn't working for you.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To continue the tooth extraction analogy, the ache may subside for a while, but is likely to return soon enough.

We probably should've have had a crown years ago.

But either way, the hole still needs filling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really. I was quite relaxed before the game, enjoyed the game, and felt a bit m'eh afterwards. Peculiar.

I do feel like England are real contenders now, though.

But I'm more excited about Brighton. The tension I feel every game watching The Albion was just not there for me yesterday watching England.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m relieved it’s over in some respects so I can fully focus on our club again.

But it is a shame we couldn’t get our penalties right on the night. So much to be proud of for England though, and I enjoyed the ride. Incredible to get to see us get to a final in my lifetime.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I had a tooth extracted 3 months ago and it's still causing me a lot of discomfort. So, I'm not sure this analogy helps.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, I wanted the dentist chair feeling, but not the triple extraction as it will never be forgotten.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really. I was quite relaxed before the game, enjoyed the game, and felt a bit m'eh afterwards. Peculiar.

But I'm more excited about Brighton. The tension I feel every game watching The Albion was just not there for me yesterday watching England.

This, this and this

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Meh. I think contenders would manage more than one shot on target in 120 minutes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Meh. I think contenders would manage more than one shot on target in 120 minutes.

With the greatest of respect I'd suggest that whether you are impressed by England's promise and optimistic about their prospects is not likely to be uppermost in the minds of ordinary England supporters, even if they were to take seriously the opinion of followers of other nations, and prepared to plum the depths of said opinion down to supporters of the 17th ranked side in the world, commendable though that ranking may be, if that isn't too hoity toity for you ??? :wink:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nope, still depressed. Mind you I thought before the game that Italy would probably win, and after about the 50th minute I was pretty certain they'd win - and we were 1-0 up at that stage!, Mancini, as expected, proved a way better match-day manager than Southgate. So I suppose I don't feel as let-down as some.

Bollocks. I'm 64 and the chances of England winning another tournament before I die are getting fewer and fewer. Still it was good, no great, while it lasted and the whole England set-up is way better than it probably ever has been, so maybe next time eh?

And so Brighton are about to start another season in the Premier League. Obviously that's great and I understand people are excited about the thought of us playing all the big teams (again), winning a few matches (again), playing Palace (again), but I'm a little bit, meh. Wake me up if we have a Cup run because winning a trophy would be something.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nope, still depressed. Mind you I thought before the game that Italy would probably win, and after about the 50th minute I was pretty certain they'd win - and we were 1-0 up at that stage!, Mancini, as expected, proved a way better match-day manager than Southgate. So I suppose I don't feel as let-down as some.

Bollocks. I'm 64 and the chances of England winning another tournament before I die are getting fewer and fewer. Still it was good, no great, while it lasted and the whole England set-up is way better than it probably ever has been, so maybe next time eh?

And so Brighton are about to start another season in the Premier League. Obviously that's great and I understand people are excited about the thought of us playing all the big teams (again), winning a few matches (again), playing Palace (again), but I'm a little bit, meh. Wake me up if we have a Cup run because winning a trophy would be something.

On a positive note, the World Cup is only a year or so away. We’ll have the same team and manager.

No reason why we can’t get at least to a semi final again [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here