Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giorgio Chiellini - thoughts?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I really like him. He's a bit of a genius with the psychology, he's still playing at the highest level at 36 and still has incredible passion for club and International footballer. He's a nasty player, exactly what you want playing for your team. His partnership with Bonucci is remarkable, they're absolute warriors back there who demand the highest standards from all around them. They've both been complimentary of Kane in the build up, and both will have kicked him within a few minutes of the game kicking off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He a fantastic person and a fantastic leader imho. I’ve been reading a lot about him over the past few weeks and I really like him. He seems to play with a smile on his face and leads his team in a good way.

I like the fact that he went to the Italian player who missed the first penalty when everyone else in the team was celebrating and his comments about the England forward line in today’s press were not only interesting but respectful, measured and mature; quite different to the crap Grealish came out with last weekend. Away from football he has a degree and a masters degree, he donates a percentage of his salary to charity, is involved with a football school which works with people with learning disabilities.

Yes he’s a bit mischievous but all things considered he’s seems a decent person.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He a fantastic person and a fantastic leader imho. I’ve been reading a lot about him over the past few weeks and I really like him. He seems to play with a smile on his face and leads his team in a good way.

I like the fact that he went to the Italian player who missed the first penalty when everyone else in the team was celebrating and his comments about the England forward line in today’s press were not only interesting but measured and mature. Away from football he has a degree and a masters degree, he donates a percentage of his salary to charity, is involved with a football school which works with people with learning disabilities.

Yes he’s a bit mischievous but all things considered he’s seems a decent person.

He's from the same mould as Maldini, except less miserable looking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I like the fact that he went to the Italian player who missed the first penalty when everyone else in the team was celebrating and his comments about the England forward line in today’s press were not only interesting but respectful, measured and mature; quite different to the crap Grealish came out with last weekend. Away from football he has a degree and a masters degree, he donates a percentage of his salary to charity, is involved with a football school which works with people with learning disabilities.

There isn't an English player who comes within a million miles of Chiellini in terms of character, effectiveness, longevity etc etc. Smiling assassin. He's been there, seen it, done it all before. Will take a very decent - or very lucky - England side to take this prize away from him

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You don't get 111 caps for Italy as a defender over almost 17 years without both being able to play and possess a knowledge of the dark arts.

After tonight's game, he'll be the 6th most capped Italian with only Cannavaro (136) and Maldini (126) ahead of him as defenders.

A leader of men and captain of club and country.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There isn't an English player who comes within a million miles of Chiellini in terms of character, effectiveness, longevity etc etc. Smiling assassin. He's been there, seen it, done it all before. Will take a very decent - or very lucky - England side to take this prize away from him

or indeed any other nationality; specifically, scotch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Arrivederci it's one on one for sure…

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Father Time catches up with all of us, eventually. Hopefully his time will be tonight.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He’s absolutely brilliant. A genuinely first class defender and proof that there’s still a place for experienced veteran players in defence.

That said, I wish him terrible luck today and hope Sterling and co. murder him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great player and great personality.

Cant be seen as a weakness for the Italians, he is much too consistent for that. Bonucci on the other hand... he is prone to **** up and should be the player targeted by Sterling & co.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Great footballer. Bit of a knob to play against, but you'd love him if he was one of your own

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chiellini is 36 and Bonucci is 34.

Can you imagine the aggro Southgate would’ve got if our centre halves were that age?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they were of a similar pedigree, it would be zero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here