Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First team pre season?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So I know that minds have been elsewhere recently but is anyone else surprised by the absence of I formation from the club on our pre-season plans?

I'm aware of the rangers friendly, but besides this there seems to have been radio silence from the club on other plans. Presumably they will at least play some other teams behind closed doors and these will have been arranged. There've also been no training pics - what gives?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
They have said a "big" 10 year anniversary game at home, but not who it is. Apparently Real Madrid are playing games in the UK......

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Plenty of form from a year ago - played Portsmouth (behind closed doors) and wouldn't even confirm the result.

Football is not for the fans - it is private - and to be kept very secret. Pathetic.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So I know that minds have been elsewhere recently but is anyone else surprised by the absence of I formation from the club on our pre-season plans?

I'm aware of the rangers friendly, but besides this there seems to have been radio silence from the club on other plans. Presumably they will at least play some other teams behind closed doors and these will have been arranged. There've also been no training pics - what gives?

That's because they had fitness tests on Thur/Fri - training starts today. For some reason we've started a week later than most of other clubs.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's because they had fitness tests on Thur/Fri - training starts today. For some reason we've started a week later than most of other clubs.

Good info - thanks. I'd just assumed they must have been back at it by now given were playing rangers in two weeks!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A couple of Albion players at Wembley yesterday, so just wait for the Covid out break to disrupt pre-season !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Most premier league clubs are back training today. EFL clubs have been back training because their season starts a week earlier.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Plenty of form from a year ago - played Portsmouth (behind closed doors) and wouldn't even confirm the result.

Football is not for the fans - it is private - and to be kept very secret. Pathetic.

Well the last pre-season was exceptional to be fair, with a lot of games played being clandestine due to the Covid lockdown etc.

Although l agree that the club could have been a lot more forthcoming with results, reports, and so forth.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Obvious omissions- Moder, Tross, Caicedo, Mac, White, Sanchez.
But also no Clarke, Molumby, Connolly, Ali J, Yves.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Băluţa at the Olympics is another absentee. Ali J is probably still away after his internationals with Iran.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think this is Jan Paul van Hecke in the background here:-

10-Danny-Welbeck.jpg

No immediate sign of Dan Burn or Taylor Richards (or Jurgen Locadia, but his last game for FC Cincy was June 26 so I'm sure he'll currently be on vacation).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think this is Jan Paul van Hecke in the background here:-

View attachment 138547

No immediate sign of Dan Burn or Taylor Richards (or Jurgen Locadia, but his last game for FC Cincy was June 26 so I'm sure he'll currently be on vacation).

Agreed- he is very blonde and the other real blondo is Cochrane but he is out on loan right?
Good spot re: Burn.
Have high hopes for Richards but he def isn't there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here