Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your last words as Southgate

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Before the team goes out to play against Italy...

What would your last words be tonight?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Don't **** it up lads.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Believe in yourself and don't be afraid to make a mistake

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Lads, it's Italy..."

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Stand down Harry, This one's too important to play you. Ben starts Tonight.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Look boys, I’ve put 9 defenders and two goal keepers in the side, keep believing, Kane and Sterling are coming on for the last ten minutes when they are tired.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Keep to the game plan, don't give them the opportunity to get you carded so control your passion, don't argue with the ref and go out and do your best, you are all heroes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My best ever team talk was during the last season of mini minor football, years ago. We had a friendly with a team the year above. 9 aside on a ¾ pitch.

During the warm up our boys were obviously nervous and kept looking over at the other team. For the team talk I asked if they were afraid because the other team were a year older. Plenty of furtive glances at each other and looking at the ground. I then asked who played against the year above at break times at school. Now they were curious. I then asked who regularly 'skinned up' those older kids during break times. Cue light bulb moments, lots of smiling and chatting among themselves.
Our boys then went out and played the other team off the park, winning 5 - 1 :lol:

One of the proudest moments of our many years in youth football.

I don't think that talk can be replicated to much effect tonight though :lolol:

I trust GS to just continue what he's been doing. Because quite simply.... It's working :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here