Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Romaric Yapi

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Gone to Vitesse in Holland on a permanent deal. Slightly surprising but possibly saw his route to the first team being blocked by Karbo. Undisclosed terms as usual. We are having a clear out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Route also blocked by Lamptey & Veltman.

Hopefully this is a sign that the club will not look at offers for Lamptey for a fair few seasons now, especially if we get £100m worth of Biss/White cash.

Agree that Karbownik is seen more of a right sided player than left.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Hopefully this is a sign that the club will not look at offers for Lamptey for a fair few seasons now, especially if we get £100m worth of Biss/White cash.

So we STILL need a LB/LWB !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't seem to get much game time here - wasn't he injured for a while? Still, he's got a contract elsewhere, so he can pursue a carrer as a professional footballer, which ain't a bad thing. Good luck to him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not quite up to it. If we’d been in a lower division he’d have probably made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Don't want £100m in cash. Keep Biss and White - for one more (Albion-breakthrough) season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Recently described by Danny Cashman as the fastest player he's ever played or trained with, now considering that would include Lamptey that is quite something! He did go on to say he wished he would use it more, so maybe confidence issues?

Good luck to the lady anyway

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Recently described by Danny Cashman as the fastest player he's ever played or trained with, now considering that would include Lamptey that is quite something! He did go on to say he wished he would use it more, so maybe confidence issues?

Good luck to the lady anyway

Lady???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Didn't seem to get much game time here - wasn't he injured for a while? Still, he's got a contract elsewhere, so he can pursue a carrer as a professional footballer, which ain't a bad thing. Good luck to him.

This, and who knows, if he impresses in Arnhem, then it isn't too latge to raise his ambitions higher again.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I thought Yapi might make it through, but this looks like a good deal all round. I know we just don't, but I"d love to have some indication of the undisclosed fee, just to feel proud of how we are doing and be pleased for Tony when the club gets a bit of payback, much like the reported (yet undisclosed) fee of £750k for Gyokeres.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It was a little surprising to me that Yapi never really got a chance. He often shone for the U23s, but when Lamptey arrived (who is also younger than Yapi) and immediately hit the first team, maybe it was a sign of the end for Romaric.

The kid is absolutely rapid and I would expect him to do well in Holland.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The few times I saw him I was very impressed.
Sad to see him go but if he's been told he has more chance of a first team position in another club you can't blame him for leaving.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Another foreign youngster who has spent couple of years here and got no where and gone back abroad

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Shame - thought he looked good. Lightening quick. But if we’re letting him go because we have better players coming through, so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here